A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 5:22AM
Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:09AM
- Brilliant Jerks Cost More Than They Are Worth - Yes, yes they do.
- The Biggest and Weirdest Commits in Linux Kernel Git History - Git problems that I am glad I do not have.
- awless - AWS CLI for exploring your infrastructure and managing resources through scriptable templates.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 4:12AM
- Investment Time - Why ThoughtBot only works for clients four days each week.
- Opening Up Our Internal Handbook - Some guidance for small tech companies from MeetEdgar. Always nice to see new ideas on managing things.
- A better Pry prompt for the Rails console - How to customize your prompt to show which Rails environment you are in.
Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:39AM
- Integrate Rubocop gem with Popular Ruby Text Editors - Just in case you'd like to speed up the nagging loop.
- Introducing Docker Secrets Management - Easy security is better security, but sheesh does the Docker landscape move fast.
- Postmortem of database outage of January 31 - From GitLab, and a good example of how to write a postmortem for a serious problem.
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:06AM
- pg-logical-backup-test - Test your backups! Via Docker in this case.
- Introducing Keybase Chat - A new take on end-to-end encrypted chat.
- How to gain more visiblity into your Github Projects using Scope - Open source status board layered on top of GitHub issues and PRs.