- Github Cheat Sheet - All sorts of tips and tricks for using Git and GitHub, along with links to more resources.
- A Quick Guide to Sublime Text - Various bits of useful information.
- 3 Features from Rails 4.1 that I'm excited about - Secrets.yml, Action Pack Variants, and cookie serialization get the nod here.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 5:36AM
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 5:58AM
Monday, April 14, 2014 at 5:18AM
- Introducing Hound - Service to automatically nag you about Ruby style guide violations in your GitHub commits.
- Heartbleed should bleed X.509 to death - Great rant about the state of internet security, though I don't believe the web of trust approach is workable either.
- Surviving APIs with Rails - New course from Codeschool.
Friday, April 11, 2014 at 6:07AM
Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 5:32AM
- Ruby 2.1 Garbage Collection: ready for production - A look at the internals of ruby GC, some of the cases where it fails, and what you can do about it.
- How to Build a Ruby Gem With Bundler, Test-Driven Development, Travis CI And Coveralls, Oh My! - A good walkthrough of the current state of gem building.
- Heartbleed Test - Find out whether a server is vulnerable to the recent devastating OpenSSL bug.