- Rails 4.1.6.rc2 and 4.0.10.rc2 have been released! - And the final versions should be out this week.
- CommonMark - An attempt at a rigorous Markdown spec that immediately got mired in politics.
- blackbox - Support for encrypting secrets via GPG at rest in your git or Mercurial repos.
- Bringing new security features to Docker - Some things you can do to harden Docker containers.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 8:03AM
Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 8:06AM
- Kitematic - OS/X GUI for Docker management.
- factory_girl-preload - Define your test data using factories, but then preload them once like fixtures.
- Service objects in Rails will help you design clean and maintainable code. Here's how. - Another take on objectizing your Rails applications.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 8:38AM
Monday, September 1, 2014 at 6:15AM
- ZeroTier - Create your own virtual switched network out of peer-to-peer connections.
- Mirah - Where Java Meets Ruby - An attempt to build a less enterprisey version of Java while maintaining the benefits of the JVM.
- Draft chapters of the Ruby on Rails Tutorial (3rd Ed.) - This has become one of the best introductions to Rails and web development out there.
- Rack Metrics is dead, long live Rack Metrics - Performance monitoring tool for Rack, newly open sourced.
Friday, August 29, 2014 at 9:03AM