- Zazu - Open source hot key application launcher. Haven't tried it yet, but I've been looking for something for my linux boxen so I'll probably give it a spin.
- Rails Security Checklist - A long list of things to check that hopes to get even longer with community input.
- git-fiddle - Allow editing author names and commit dates during an interactive rebase.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, January 5, 2017 at 5:29AM
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:08AM
- Concurrency in Rails 5.0 - An exploration of some new and (so-far) undocumented things under the hood.
- Fork - "A fast and friendly git client for Mac". I've been playing with this a bit (I mostly use GUI clients for looking at history) and I like the tabbed UI.
- Ruby Web Dev: The Other Way and Learn Ruby on Rails 5 - A couple of new ebooks to start the new year.
Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:29AM
- Hyperpolyglot - Side by side comparisons of a bunch of different programming languages and tools.
- Portainer, the UI for Docker - Tour of a lightweight management tool for Docker images & swarms. Looks like I'm about to be back in Dockerland soon.
- ngrok - Service to provide a secure tunnel into localhost with a public URL so you can test things like webhooks.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 5:19AM
Friday, December 23, 2016 at 7:37AM
- AnyCable: Action Cable on Steroids - A more performant alternative to Action Cable.
- Stack on a budget - A whole pile of SAAS offerings with useful free tiers for small applications.
- Firebug lives on in Firefox DevTools - FireBug as a separate add-in is dead. It was nice while it lasted. Fortunately it looks like most of it was salvaged.