- Investment Time - Why ThoughtBot only works for clients four days each week.
- Opening Up Our Internal Handbook - Some guidance for small tech companies from MeetEdgar. Always nice to see new ideas on managing things.
- A better Pry prompt for the Rails console - How to customize your prompt to show which Rails environment you are in.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 4:12AM
Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:39AM
- Integrate Rubocop gem with Popular Ruby Text Editors - Just in case you'd like to speed up the nagging loop.
- Introducing Docker Secrets Management - Easy security is better security, but sheesh does the Docker landscape move fast.
- Postmortem of database outage of January 31 - From GitLab, and a good example of how to write a postmortem for a serious problem.
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:06AM
- pg-logical-backup-test - Test your backups! Via Docker in this case.
- Introducing Keybase Chat - A new take on end-to-end encrypted chat.
- How to gain more visiblity into your Github Projects using Scope - Open source status board layered on top of GitHub issues and PRs.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 7:22AM
- Inform and Act - GitHub is actually trying to do something to promote their own ideals on travel and immigration. Kudos to them, and if this area concerns you too, don't just complain, get involved.
- Open-Source Software: What is in a poke? - An attempt to evaluate ruby gems based on objective factors, resulting in the launch of OSSERT.
- feedfilter - Junk filtering for RSS & Atom feeds.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:54AM