A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 4:42AM
Monday, October 10, 2016 at 6:49AM
- Botstack - Facebook chatbot development with Ruby on Rails.
- Why I hate iOS as a developer - This one sums up pretty much all of the reasons I walked away from iOS development (well, he doesn't mention that XCode is a crashy piece of shit) and am preparing to walk away from Apple entirely. Paying to be abused is just insane.
- Bundler's Multiple Source Security Vulnerability - I just spent half a day working around this in a batch of Rails projects. Easy to fix when you know about it.
Friday, October 7, 2016 at 5:37AM
- Security Onion - Linux distro already set up for intrusion detection, network security monitoring, and log management.
- Using the test pyramid to have better feedback from your test suite - How to keep your tests faster by focusing and segregating them intelligently.
- Typora - Pretty new cross-platform Markdown editor, free while in beta.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 4:55AM
- Sharing models between Rails Apps - Part 1 and Part 2 - Using a shared gem to hold the ActiveRecord logic so you can easily keep models working right in multiple places.
- InfraKit - A toolkit from Docker "for creating and managing delcarative, self-healing infrastructure." Not enough oxygen for me this far up the abstraction stack but I'm sure there are plenty of use cases.
- Hyperloop - Ruby DSL built on top of React.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 4:53AM