- Your favorite languages, now on Google App Engine - Including Node.js and ruby.
- Google Spreadsheets and Ruby - I might need this, given that I'm dealing with a lot of management-by-spreadsheet these days.
- Amazon WorkDocs Update – Commenting & Reviewing Enhancements and a New Activity Feed - Seems like everyone and his dog is doing document commenting these days.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, March 17, 2017 at 7:40AM
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 5:38AM
- Heroku Exec (Beta) - Secure TCP and SSH tunnels into running dynos.
- Stop spending engineering effort solving problems you don't have - A nice rant. Maybe a bit overstated, but still nice. I too pine for the days when we could just post web pages and call it done.
- Pi-Hole - DNS ad blocker for your entire network.
Monday, March 13, 2017 at 6:09AM
- Coming Soon - ActiveRuby, the World's Best Ruby Distribution - As far as I can tell, they're marketing to enterprise fear. "Why take risks with open source Ruby and community support?"
- Kamisama - A fresh take on starting and monitoring background worker processes. We've been wrestling with upstart lately, this looks like it's worth investigating.
- Decent Exposure gem - Another take on drying up Rails controllers.
Friday, March 10, 2017 at 3:04PM
Friday, March 10, 2017 at 11:46AM
- UnCSS - Tool for removing unused CSS styles as part of your JS build chain.
- Zebras Unite - An attempt to identify viable alternatives to VC-driven unicorn culture. I'm not convinced by it all, but appreciate the alternative viewpoint (and I'm personally happy to be working for a company that is more zebra than unicorn).
- ctop - Command-line monitoring utility for containers.