- Interactive mruby - irb running in your browser.
- Rails 4.0: Release Candidate 1 released! - The official announcement.
- Starter App - Using ruby 2, Rails 4, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Bootstrap.
- Callback logging - Some diagnostic code I whipped up yesterday to add ActiveRecord callbacks to the development log.
- activerecord-callback_notification - This one didn't do quite what I want, but I borrowed some of its code to start from.
- Instrument Anything in Rails 3 - A good introduction to ActiveSupport::Notifications.
- callback_skipper - Short-circuit things in your unit tests.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 5:47AM
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 at 5:50AM
- The Rails 4 Way - Available now in beta form through Leanpub.
- jet-pack - Boilerplate Sinatra app with Haml, Sass, Coffeescript, Foreman, and other goodies.
- Performance enhancements for Ruby-based stacks in BitNami - They're now preinstalling the Falcon patches and tuning GC by default.
- Feed Wrangler - "A modern, sustainable RSS reader" at $18.99 per year.
- Introducing Trello Business Class! - Good on them for finding a way to let people pay to keep the lights on.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 6:30AM
Friday, April 26, 2013 at 5:40AM
- Amazon Coins - If I had to bet, I'd bet on corporate-sponsored alternative currencies getting a lot more traction than BitCoin in the long run.
- Feed the Fire - An RSS to Firebase sync service - Might be the bare bones of an alternative to Google Reader.
- bluePen - "Online Visual CSS Editor" to let you tweak things right in the browser.
- Devpressed - Discussion board for developers suffering from depression.