- Homebrew and PostgreSQL 9.5 (or 9.6) - Perhaps I'll remember this the next time the alternative is to swear for an hour because I accidentally did a version upgrade on PostgreSQL.
- github-changelog-generator - Flexible MarkDown changelog builder for projects that make use of GitHub issues & PRs.
- jsonapi-rb - JSON API library for Ruby with extra syntactic sugar for use in Rails.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:37AM
Monday, December 5, 2016 at 6:20AM
- Google Public NTP - A companion service to the widely-used Google DNS servers. Note that they're using leap second smearing, which may not be what you want.
- htop explained - Everything you wanted to know and quite a bit more.
- Docker for AWS Public Beta - "Docker for AWS installs a Swarm of Docker Engines secured end to end with TLS by default, and is integrated with AWS Autoscaling, Elastic Load balancer and Elastic Block Store."
Friday, December 2, 2016 at 5:38AM
- Oversight - Another useful tool for the mildly paranoid Mac owner (you're not really paranoid, the malware IS out to get you!).
- Webinspector - Rubygem to scrape image URLs, metatags, and links from any web page.
- Code review in remote teams - How to do code reviews to improve both code quality and morale.
Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 6:07AM
- Introduction to generating JSON using PostgreSQL - Let the database do it!
- Webhooks do's & dont's: what we learned after integrating +100 APIs: Advice from the folks behind Stamplay.
- [ANN] Rails 5.0.1.rc1 has been released! - Another bunch of updates and bug fixes are on the way.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 3:15AM