A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 7:39AM
Monday, February 27, 2017 at 5:31AM
- httpstat.us - Generate different HTTP response codes, so you can test out how your own code responds. Also useful: The HTTP Status Codes reference.
- DeployStack - Curated list of web hosting and support resources at various price points.
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 6:41AM
- Hello, my name is David - I don't always agree with DHH but this time he nails it. I've walked out of interviews over puzzle programming sessions and urge everyone to do the same.
- Beaker - Experimental web browser with built-in hosting and peer-to-peer protocols baked in. API Design Guide and Designing robust and predictable APIs with idempotency - Advice from Google and Stripe respectively.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 5:13AM
We're hiring a developer.
- How terrible code gets written by perfectly sane people - I found myself nodding in agreement with this one quite a bit.
- Faster RSpec: Profiling FactoryGirl - How to figure out where to concentrate your optimization efforts.
- IBM Data Science Experience: Whole-Cluster Privilege Escalation Disclosure - Docker, a whole new way to get massive security issues shipped.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 4:53AM
- dawnscanner - Static security scanner for Sinatra, Padrino and Rails applications.
- mac-dev-playbook - Use Ansible to manage your OS X development box.
- $5 Showdown: Linode vs. DigitalOcean vs. Amazon Lightsail vs. Vultr - You can get a fair amount of cloud server for five bucks a month these days.