A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 5:57AM
- Archivist - Ruby gem to search for and download books from archive.org.
- Introducing Heroku Postgres 2.0 - With improvements on data recovery, rollback, and high availability.
- RSpec 2.99 and 3.0 betas have been released - Take your pick, with breaking changes or without.
- Introducing Capybara-Extensions - Additional finders and matchers to make life easier.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 6:29AM
- Rails Assets - Bridge between Bundler and Bower to make it easy to pull Bower components into Rails projects.
- Why You Should Never Use MongoDB - A look based on experience with the Diaspora project.
- Ruby on Rails' Inside: ActionDispatch and Rack - A look at some Rails internals.
- Duplicity + S3: easy, cheap, encrypted, automated full-disk backups for your servers - Definitely worth thinking about.
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 5:28AM
- 2.0 Status and FAQ - What's up with TextMate.
- MariaDB 10.0 Beta launched - an important milestone - Lots of changes for this MySQL offshoot.
- Announcing Bitters, a Dash of Sass Stylesheets for Bourbon and Neat - Some simple styles to start a new project.
- Stackdock: Blazing Fast Docker-as-a-Service with SSDs - It really didn't take long for Docker startups to get going, did it?