A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:30AM
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 2:39AM
- CSS coding techniques - A primer from Mozilla. Good reading if you've never taken the time to get an overview but have just dived into SASS or Bootstrap.
- What happens when... - An oldie but a goodie that looks into the cascade of things going on when you visit Google. How many layers of your computer's hardware and software do you understand?
- The Nit Programming Language - Because you can't know too many languages. No parent who has ever had to deal with a head louse infestation will ever use this one, though.
Monday, May 23, 2016 at 6:23AM
- Shrine 2.0 Released - The latest take on Ruby file uploading libraries, complete with migration guides from CarrierWave Paperclip, or Refile.
- A Content Security Policy (CSP) strategy - How to protect your Rails application from XSS vulnerabilities.
- git-reflow - A structured workflow layer on top of git.
Friday, May 20, 2016 at 5:57AM
- EC2Instances.info - Way easier comparisons of the myriad of EC2 types than you can do on Amazon's own site.
- Domain Events over Active Record Callbacks - An argument that callbacks are just the wrong tree to bark up.
- Xray-rails - See in your browser what views and partials painted which piece of the screen.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:48AM