A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:54AM
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 5:49AM
- The SaaS CTO Security Checklist - There is way too much shit to worry about these days.
- Distrusting new WoSign and StartCom certificates - And speaking of security, looks like Mozilla has reached the point of being completely fed up with WoSign.
- Cyber Security Base - And for the security trifecta today, check out this site where F-Secure and the University of Helsinki are building an online course series.
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 5:34AM
- The VeraCrypt Audit Results - All in all, it came through pretty well, and critical issues have been fixed.
- Hash#compact and Hash#compact! now part of Ruby 2.4 - One less reason to load ActiveSupport.
- Announcement: Requiring Certificate Transparency in 2017 - We have now reached the point where Google can add a work item to every single development team's schedule in the entire world at the same time.
Monday, October 24, 2016 at 5:18PM
- Thredded - Forum and message boad engine for Rails 4.2+.
- Running Ruby apps in production - Introducing procodile, a Procfile-based production supervisor.
- Bedrock - Rock-solid distributed data - A networking and distributed transaction layer built on top of SQLite, so you can have distributed data while still accessing data in your own process.
Friday, October 21, 2016 at 5:04AM
- i18n_yaml_sorter - This came in handy when I had a couple of big YAML files to neaten up. It's aimed at Rails internationalization but certainly not limited to that use case.
- 10 Modern Software Over-Engineering Mistakes - Amen to this. I very seldom run across production code that wouldn't benefit from a cleverectomy.
- Tracking SQL queries in Rails - using the sql_tracker gem to find hot spots while testing.