A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, May 22, 2015 at 8:41AM
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 at 7:33AM
- Phusion Passenger 5.0.8: new Debian packages, Red Hat packages, bug fixes - Installing Passenger on Red Hat or CentOS just got a whole lot easier.
- The Logjam Attack - Honestly, I'm starting to think that SSL security was just a huge joke that the security community decided to play on the rest of us.
- nunes - Instrument everything for use with statsd or Instrumental.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 6:41AM
- The bunny theory of code: I think this analogy can be extended. Not only does code tend to multiply, it also craps all over your carpet if you don't treat it like a wild animal.
- Your Clever Code is a Jewel-Encrusted Lobster - OK, maybe it isn't a bunny after all.
- Scout is the easiest way to unleash StatsD - Big leap forward for the Scout monitoring service, with built-in StatsD integration.
- The Ruby Community: The Next Version - Some thoughts on what's wrong with the way Ruby has gone the last few years. I gotta say I for one am still a happy programmer though.
Monday, May 18, 2015 at 4:57AM
- Ruby on Windows Guides - If you must use Windows, this will get you started.
- Howitzer - Flexible test framework to generate the structure of acceptance tests for an application.
- Encrypting Secrets with Rails - How to use ActiveSupport::MessageEncryptor.
- Setting up Atom for Rails Development - Some hints if you want to switch to this relatively-new editor.