- Raxx - An Elixir web interface drawing on Ruby rack and Clojure ring for inspiration.
- Varnish Cache 5.0 - New release of this caching HTTP reverse proxy. Note that they're also looking for money and manpower.
- The Elixir Way: Operational Reasoning - Some thoughts about how to go about getting into an Elixir mindset.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:31AM
Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 6:07AM
- A whole new GitHub Universe - Looks like GitHub is getting into project management now, as part of their continued drive to own the entire development process.
- Introducing: BabySqueel. Elegant Queries for Rails. - A reimplmentation of the Squeel querying UI designed to work better with Active Record.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 6:52AM
- Is Your Database Affected by CVE-2016-6662? - The Percona folks have rounded up the various new versions and other ways to mitigate this privilege escalation.
- When Things Go Wrong - Localytics shares their formal process for resolving serious production incidents via chat.
- Adblock Plus now sells ads - And everyone with half a brain switches to uBlock Origin.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:53AM
- Ruby 2.4.0-preview2 Released - Now available for all your bleeding-edge needs.
- Oh shit, git! - Plain English instructions to fix some easy to make screwups.
- MySQL Remote Root Code Execution/Privilege Escalation (0day) - Not quite "end of the world" bad, but bad enough that you ought to update your servers.
Monday, September 12, 2016 at 5:49AM
- Discovering how Dropbox hacks your Mac - I dunno about you, but I'm reluctant to install software that things the OS is something to work around.
- InfluxDB 1.0GA Released: A Retrospective and What's Next - An open source time database hits a major milestone.
- The Pros and Cons of Ruby Refinements - I never through monkey-patching was all that bad myself.