A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 6:58AM
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 9:43AM
- Creating a Remote Development Machine - How to move everything to the cloud including your development tools.
- Docker 1.5: IPv6 Support, Read-Only Containers, Stats, "Named Dockerfiles" and More - The latest round of updates to Docker.
- Why Does Style Matter? - Because it makes it easier to find actual bugs.
Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 8:03AM
- Best Online Resources to Master Rails - Tutorials, courses, and books.
- Hold Please - A gem you can drop in to your project to prevent you from using ActiveRecord callbacks. Seems like a baby/bathwater situation to me but what do I know?
- Customizing Rake Tasks In Rails 4.1 And Higher - With an example of overhauling the testing tasks.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 7:30AM
- HubPress - Easy web app to build directly on GitHub - just fork it and go.
- Phusion Passenger 5 beta 3: more stable, turbocaching updates - Stable enough to use in production with caution.
- Introducing Sandi Metz's TRUE - A look at some heuristics for judging code quality.
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:52AM
- Ruby DSL Handbook - New book in beta, $12 gets you early access. By Jim Gay, the author of Clean Ruby.
- Working with the ELK Stack at Skroutz - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana for crunching through a bunch of data.
- Git v2.3 Release Notes - Nothing huge, lots of little tweaks.
- Ship Code Faster: Announcing GitHub Integration GA - Push to GitHub, fresh code deploys to Heroku after it passes your CI.