A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 6:06AM
Monday, March 3, 2014 at 5:10AM
- 10 SCSS utilities I can't live without - Shortcuts for the frontend developer.
- Atom Blog - Behind the scenes of GitHub's new text editor. Personally, I think a text editor carting around the baggage of a web browser is a non-starter, but I'm just an old fuddy-duddy I'm sure.
- A critical look at Atom.io - I guess I'm not the only skeptic out there.
- Search a git repo like a ninja - Using git grep with great power.
Friday, February 28, 2014 at 5:49AM
Thursday, February 27, 2014 at 5:51AM
- Graylog2 0.20.0 - Major update of this log analysis application.
- git log is *so* 2005 - Alias to make for more useful on-screen logging.
- Ruby 1.9.3-p545 is released - And that's the last release, barring security updates. Time to get serious about moving to 2.0.
- If you're salting and hashing your passwords, you're doing it wrong - An argument that you need to depend on trusted code instead of rolling your own.
- Network Link Conditioner - I didn't know there was a utility built in to XCode to allow testing with degraded networks.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:34AM
- Omniref - Searchable documentation for everything ruby.
- Hipster Dev Stack - "A curated directory of artisanal development tools that we used to like before they went mainstream."
- Clearskies - Host-it-yourself protocol for syncing things between computers.
- Ruby 2.1.1 is released - I guess it's really time to get off of 1.9.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p451 is released - Speaking of which, there's a fresh 2.0 bugfix release.