- Kids can now learn to code with Pocky, the delicious Japanese snack - And then when they eat their source code, you must buy them more Pocky. Apparently this is not a joke.
- How to remove Action Cable from your Rails app - Might as well if you're never going to use it. Of course "never" is a long time.
- ActsAsParanoid - Soft deletion for ActiveRecord, now working with Rails 5.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 5:45AM
Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:56AM
- Elixir in the Trenches - Another report on experience from a Ruby team making the switch.
- How to Become a Better Pair Programmer - Part Three - More thoughts on topics such as overcoming imposter syndrome and working sensibly with a partner.
- RSpec::Expectations Cheat Sheet - A quick list of things you can easily check for with RSpec.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 5:48AM
Monday, August 8, 2016 at 4:01AM
- todox-phoenix - A workshop with code exercises for web developers interested in getting a feel for Phoenix.
- The Human Cost of Tech Debt - Some ruminations on what it's like working in a project that has significant technical debt.
- Light Decorator - An implementation of the decorator pattern for Rails 4 and 5.
Friday, August 5, 2016 at 4:20AM
- gh-ost: GitHub's online schema migration tool for MySQL - GitHub has open-sourced their tool for migrating MySQL tables without blocking operations.
- Huge number of files for Angular 2 Application - "Every single person using bower would have one or more copies of In Praise of Idleness by Bertrand Russell on your local machine..." There's something just fundamentally wrong with this.
- Is Phoenix deployment really that hard? - A general view of the problem space with some alternatives.