- Traveling Ruby 20150130, adds many native extensions, upgrades OpenSSL - Some advances in this single-package distribution framework for ruby applications.
- Accessory Gems, Part I: Private Gemfiles - How to split off gems that you only use in development from your main Gemfile.
- Stuff Goes Bad: Erlang in Anger - "A little guide about how to be the Erlang medic in a time of war".
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 7:32AM
Monday, February 2, 2015 at 7:51AM
Friday, January 30, 2015 at 9:09AM
If you're looking for a senior Rails or junior Erlang developer, Dana Jones is looking for her next position.
- Pronto - Automated code analysis tool that you can use with GitHub, GitLab, or locally.
- Announcing Hound: A Lightning Fast Code Search Tool - Designed to search across multiple repositories.
- iOS on Rails - Reference book and repository for designing both a Rails API and an iOS app to consume it. $39 from Thoughtbot.
Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 7:44AM
- Rapp - Scaffolding generator for command-line ruby applications.
- Monitor Docker Containers with Prometheus - A quick introduction to the new monitoring system developed by SoundCloud.
- Preview: Intercity CLI - "One command for installing and configuring your VPS, Cloud instance or hardware to run Rails applications.
Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 9:38AM
- Organizing microservices in a single git repository - Some thoughts on how to manage the additional complexity.
- Kleisli - "Usable, idiomatic common monads in Ruby," just in case you're pining for a glass of the functional koolaid.
- Gitcolony - Integrated code review and QA tools for git repos. Commercial service.