- Marta - Two-panel file manager for macOS to handle all your nostalgia needs.
- Balanced Employee IP Agreement - GitHub is doing its part to fight the notion that your employer owns all the code you write anywhere any time.
- Decoupling from Rails [Part 1] - Respository and UseCase - I'm just not sure WHY I would want to split my application logic off into extra architecture. I've got software to ship.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 3:43AM
Monday, March 27, 2017 at 4:55AM
- Ruby 2.4.1 Released - Guess it might be time to actually install this somewhere.
- GitLab 9.0 Released with Subgroups and Deploy Boards - Just another reminder that GitHub is not the only game in town.
- Dawson - Serverless web framework that wires up Node.js to AWS Lambda and a variety of other AWS services.
Friday, March 24, 2017 at 7:27AM
- Tunnels - HTTPS to HTTP proxy, which makes testing your HTTPS code in development a bit simpler.
- Invoker - Replacement for Pow with Procfile support and built-in HTTPS support.
- The New 'Absent Operator' in Ruby's Regular Expressions - as if Regexp wasn't complicated enough already.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 5:03AM
Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 4:59AM
- Improve the Bus Factor - Target your open source work by finding much-used libraries with few maintainers.
- Ruby Heroes Farewell - Frankly, I think this is overdue. As Olivier says, "despite the initial focus of Ruby Heroes having been to shine a light on underappreciated members of the community, it has invariably become a place to annoint respected members of the community..."
- The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: January 2017 - Ruby continues its slow decline. Good thing for me I'm moving into management these days.