- Hello, my name is David - I don't always agree with DHH but this time he nails it. I've walked out of interviews over puzzle programming sessions and urge everyone to do the same.
- Beaker - Experimental web browser with built-in hosting and peer-to-peer protocols baked in. API Design Guide and Designing robust and predictable APIs with idempotency - Advice from Google and Stripe respectively.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 6:41AM
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 5:13AM
We're hiring a developer.
- How terrible code gets written by perfectly sane people - I found myself nodding in agreement with this one quite a bit.
- Faster RSpec: Profiling FactoryGirl - How to figure out where to concentrate your optimization efforts.
- IBM Data Science Experience: Whole-Cluster Privilege Escalation Disclosure - Docker, a whole new way to get massive security issues shipped.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 4:53AM
- dawnscanner - Static security scanner for Sinatra, Padrino and Rails applications.
- mac-dev-playbook - Use Ansible to manage your OS X development box.
- $5 Showdown: Linode vs. DigitalOcean vs. Amazon Lightsail vs. Vultr - You can get a fair amount of cloud server for five bucks a month these days.
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 5:22AM
Friday, February 17, 2017 at 7:09AM
- Brilliant Jerks Cost More Than They Are Worth - Yes, yes they do.
- The Biggest and Weirdest Commits in Linux Kernel Git History - Git problems that I am glad I do not have.
- awless - AWS CLI for exploring your infrastructure and managing resources through scriptable templates.