A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, May 27, 2016 at 5:42AM
Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 4:28AM
Postings are going to be spotty for the next month or so. I've got a lot of summer camp time coming up.
- fake_stripe - Test Stripe code without hitting Stripe's servers.
- jQuery 3.0 Release Candidate...Released! - Good grief, I don't even understand all the stuff in 2.x yet. I suspect the deprecation removals will keep me from upgrading for a while though.
- Spectre.css - "A lightweight, responsive and modern CSS framework"
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 6:30AM
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 2:39AM
- CSS coding techniques - A primer from Mozilla. Good reading if you've never taken the time to get an overview but have just dived into SASS or Bootstrap.
- What happens when... - An oldie but a goodie that looks into the cascade of things going on when you visit Google. How many layers of your computer's hardware and software do you understand?
- The Nit Programming Language - Because you can't know too many languages. No parent who has ever had to deal with a head louse infestation will ever use this one, though.
Monday, May 23, 2016 at 6:23AM
- Shrine 2.0 Released - The latest take on Ruby file uploading libraries, complete with migration guides from CarrierWave Paperclip, or Refile.
- A Content Security Policy (CSP) strategy - How to protect your Rails application from XSS vulnerabilities.
- git-reflow - A structured workflow layer on top of git.