- UnQLite - Embeddable NoSQL database engine.
- LicenseFinder - Help your lawyers figure out how your gems are licensed. This stuff is, by the way, an utter mess in the ruby community.
- "Confident Ruby" now in Beta! - New ebook from Avdi Grimm.
- ish. - Responsive HTML design tool that throws random viewports at your code so you can see how it copes (or doesn't).
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 5:58AM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 5:44AM
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 5:59AM
Week of May 13 - May 19, 2013
The master code is, as one would expect, in upheaval again. This week featured a big rewrite of callback internals, though I haven't sussed out whether it changes any features in that area.
- 3073c531 adds Minitest 5 compatibility to Rails 4.
Monday, May 20, 2013 at 5:50AM
- migrating from iPhoto to Dropbox, from feature rich to future proof - I'm starting to think it's time to get off of OS/X. Walled gardens do not attract me.
- New gem released: Futuroscope! - Run selected operations on background threads with very little change to your code.
Friday, May 17, 2013 at 5:43AM
- Test::Page - Page-oriented integration testing for ruby.
- Upgrading to Sublime Text 3 - Step by step guide to getting on the beta version.
- Introducing ProMotion, a Full-Featured RobyMotion Application Framework - Abstracting screen and navigation handling in a rubylike way.