- The rumors of Bundler's death have been greatly exaggerated - What's going on with Bundler and RubyGems.
- Keeping Parts of Your Codebase Private on GitHub - How to manage a mixed public/private project.
- PeriodicCalculations - Cumulate periodic results of aggregates (such as daily sales) over time with PostgreSQL.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 6:08AM
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 6:26AM
Monday, December 9, 2013 at 5:38AM
- Simple Git-backed Microsites - A home-rolled alternative to GitHub Pages.
- ArangoDB - NoSQL database with experimental support for Ruby extensions.
- Varycode - Web-based source code converter to translate between C#, VB, Java, Ruby, and other languages.
- uru - Multi-platform version manager for ruby.
- Introducing Purgatory - Gem to store pending changes to Active Record models so they can be inspected before saving.
- Quick Look Plugins - A list of useful Finder plugins for developers.
Friday, December 6, 2013 at 7:38AM
- What's New in Git 1.8.5 - As if it wasn't complex enough already.
- Should I Change My Password - Check to see if your email is in any of the reported hacker repositories. It probably is.
- Sharing large repositories with your team - Through the use of git bundle.
- Sprockets Better Errors - Help debug the Rails asset pipeline.
- Multiprocess Firefox - Big architectural changes are coming down the pike.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 6:06AM
- filesystem - Chef cookbook to partition and format block devices, which is something I needed recently.
- Mail Pilot - Innovative email client coming to Mac, now taking open beta signups.
- Rails 3.2.16 and 4.0.2 have been released! - With a small pile of mostly-minor security fixes.
- JackDB - Web-based database client using standard SQL.