- Announcing Docker Machine Beta - "Zero to Docker" with support for a bunch of cloud and local providers.
- Modular Rails - A guide to building up Rails applications from smaller chunks in a $39 eBook with screencasts and code available.
- Announcing Sassquatch: A Zero-setup Sass Previewer for OS X - Write SASS, see CSS.
- Rails 4.2.1.rc3 and 4.1.10.rc3 have been released! - Still trying to stamp out regressions on the way to a final release.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 7:34AM
Monday, March 2, 2015 at 11:19AM
- Class Inheritance: Part 2 (Singletons and Eigens, Oh My!) - Just in case ruby doesn't already confuse you.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p643 Released - Last non-security release for Ruby 2.0.
- Rails 4.2.1.rc2 and 4.1.10.rc2 have been released! - Still trying to get to a final release.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 8:30AM
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 8:51AM
- Mastering git submodules - An extensive look on when and how to use these troublesome beasts.
- Rails 4.2.1.rc1 and 4.1.10.rc1 have been released! - So they have, and release versions are not far behind.
- Docker Containers on the Desktop - Use Docker for EVERYTHING!
Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:39AM
- gist-compile - Organize your Github Gists into a pretty website of code snippets.
- Gem of the Week - rails-erd gem - Part of an ongoing series, this one generates entity-relationship diagrams from ActiveRecord.
- EC2 Container Service (ECS) Update - Integration between Docker and Amazon EC2 is now a thing.