- Rails 4.2.1 and 4.1.10 have been released! - The next round of stable branch updates are out.
- Life Beyond Rails 2: A Second Look at Alternate Web Frameworks for Ruby - A look at some of the minor contenders.
- How to handle big repositories with git - Some techniques for dealing with both long histories and large files.
- 7 must have Development Gems to install on every project - Or at least ones that are helpful for most Rails projects.
- Hackr.io - "Share and discover the best programming tutorials online" with a whole mess of links sorted by language.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:00AM
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:32AM
- Tiny Docker Operating Systems - A quick look at Boot2Docker and RancherOS.
- Carrierwave-iOS in Open Source: Easier File Networking - New bits to handle moving assets on to iOS devices from Rails applications.
- Kitematic a Docker GUI Joins the Docker Family - "the fastest and easiest way to use Docker on the Mac."
- Substitution with Regex Groupings - A bit of more advanced regex knowledge.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 9:55AM
- ColorPoundSpecReporter - Colorized spec output for your Minitest use.
- Using Named Pipes and Process Substitution - A dive into some of Unix that I knew next to nothing about (and will probably not remember when I need it, to be honest).
- I broke git - Solutions to some common git screwups.
- Phusion Passenger 5.0.4 - They're still trying to whack all the bugs in the latest release.
- Open-sourcing Pinball - A newly-released workflow manager from Pinterest.
Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 6:40AM
- sublime-markdown-extended - ST2/ST3 Markdown syntax highlighter with support for GitHub and other extensions to Markdown.
- Vim Config for Rails Ninjas - I'm a bit perplexed by the notion that there is no other alternative, but this is a good look at how to set up vim for working with Rails files.
- USB Typewriters - Custom electromechanical input devices. WANT. (Definitely distinct from "need").
Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 6:13AM