- Ko1 at RubyConf 2014: Massive Garbage Collection Speedup in Ruby 2.2 - The underpinnings of our Ruby code continue to improve.
- Elk-ing All the Way - A story of improvement via ElasticSsearch, Logstash, and kibana.
- boxmodel-rails - Set padding, margins, and borders without writing any actual CSS.
- Introducing Phusion Passenger 5 beta 1, codename "Raptor" - What's coming in the next version and why it's faster.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, December 1, 2014 at 6:17AM
Tuesday, November 25, 2014 at 5:22AM
- CotEditor 2.0 - Free syntax highlighting plain text editor for OS X.
- Matz at RubyConf 2014: Will Ruby 3.0 Be Statically Typed? - Ack, I hope not. My brain is full already.
- What is gngr? - A new browser that promises privacy-first. Vaporware so far though.
Monday, November 24, 2014 at 5:18AM
- A Rails Development Environment Using Docker Through Fig - Orchestrating multiple Docker images for quick onboarding.
- logspout - Get your Docker logs out to somewhere that you can look at them.
- Firebug 3 - Next Generation of Firebug - Firebug is finally merging into the native Firefox Developer Tools.
Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5:47AM
- Scribble - Templating language similar to Liquid, designed to be safe to use with customer-provided templates.
- Building C#/ASP.NET Apps on a Mac with vNext - Technically sexy but it still won't get me back into the Microsoft fold. Not that working with Apple is any better.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 9:59AM