- Ruby 2.4.0-preview3 released - Looks like some fun things coming down the line.
- Announcing Snyk for Ruby - Test all your GitHub repos for gem security issues.
- Work/Life Balance Will Make You a Better Software Engineer - Well, maybe. Sometimes a time-limited death march will make you a better software engineer, too.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, November 11, 2016 at 5:37AM
Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 7:31AM
Monday, November 7, 2016 at 5:37AM
- Manpages - Better support for rubygems to add man pages to the right spot on the system.
- Lynis - Security auditing & hardening tool for Unix-based systems including macOS.
- Docker in Production: A History of Failure - Not sure htis is balanced, but one HFT organization appears to ahve had very bad luck with docker.
Friday, November 4, 2016 at 7:09AM
- Profitwell - Fancy SAAS metrics dashboards for all the companies tryign to make it in SAAS. Very meta.
- Switching from macOS: The Basics - Looks like elementary OS is getting a bit of extra PR with the disappointment over the Mac Pro update.
- The People's Code - Open source portal for the Federal government. Though I have to be skeptical these days about open source being "America's nest breakthrough."
Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:24AM
- KMS - Another new entry in the Rails CMS field, with PostgreSQL on the backend and AngularJS in front.
- Darling - Darling is to macOS binaries as Wine is to Windows binaries: a translation layer to run them on Linux.
- Using DTrace to measure mutex contention in Ruby - Debugging into low level thread code is sometimes useful, though personally I am not smart enough for threaded code in any case.