A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 at 7:31AM
Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 8:17AM
- Announcing RubyMotion 3.0: Android Platform, WatchKit Apps, and More - Fresh goodies for people who want to write apps using Ruby.
- Refile - "Refile is an attempt by CarrierWave's original author to fix the design mistakes and overengineering in CarrierWave."
- Vagrant Push: One Command to Deploy Any Application - More on Vagrant's new workflow hooks.
Monday, December 15, 2014 at 7:00AM
- Couscous - Static site builder aimed specifically at pushing versioned Markdown documentation to GitHub pages.
- Skeleton - Simple responsive CSS boilerplate just to get a new site started.
- Atlas - Deployment framework designed to tie other tools together with Vagrant in a simple workflow.
- gitfs - Mount a git repo as a file system and automatically turn edits into commits.
Friday, December 12, 2014 at 2:23PM
- Seagull - Web UI to monitor your Docker stuff.
- Docker extensions: the new Docker plugin model - Some notes as to how the Docker ecosystem is evolving.
- Why did Koding move away from containers and Docker to virua machines? - Not everyone is drinking the Docker koolaid.
- Traveling Ruby - Self-contained ruby binaries for Linux and OS/X, from the folks who brought you Passenger.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 7:19AM
- Write the Docs - A site focused on the art and practice of writing software documentation.
- Simple, free continuous integration (CI) of Rails Docker images using fig, make, and CircleCI - Lashing together some of the pieces.
- Rails 4.2.0.rc2 has been released! - On track to ship for Christmas.
- TorqueBox 4 Alpha1 Released - JRuby application servers don't get as much print as they used to, but they can still make a lot of sense for high traffic sites.