- Big-O Cheat Sheet - Space and time complexities of various common algorithms.
- Devise and Rails 4 - Moving various libraries forward.
- Esbit - Lightweight gem to interact with the Campfire API.
- 5 Things You Should Stop Doing with jQuery - Avoid Document Ready, among others.
- Phones for Apps for Firefox OS - Mozilla is giving away phones to entice app developers.
- Does MultiJson introduce slowness? - Looks like we may see some rapid movement towards native Json in Ruby now.
- RubyMotion Goes 2.0 And Gets OSX Support, Templates and Plugins - Lots of new goodies here.
- fartscroll.js - Open source from The Onion. Be afraid.
- How to Setup a Production Server for Rails 4 - A walkthrough using a server from Media Temple.
- Adding Tabs to Your Rails App Just Got a Whole Lot Easier with Tabulous 2 - New release of the easy way to build a tabbed UI (with all new declarative syntax).
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 5:37AM
Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 6:12AM
- Sidekiq Pro reaches 1.0! - With a giveaway to let someone win a license.
- Reform - Decouple Your Forms From Your Models - Personally, I prefer coupling, but if it bothers you check this out.
- My Assets Are No Longer Minified in Rails 4: HALP! - What to do about it.
- Journo & Literate CoffeeScript - An example for your perusal (and possible use as a blogging engine).
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 at 5:54AM
- nginx security advisory - If you're running 1.3.9 or 1.4.0 you need to update sooner rather than later.
- Phusion Passenger 4.0.2 released - A quick update to fix the nginx vulnerability.
- Flat UI Pro - $39 set of components for Bootstrap.
- RailsConf 2013 Talks - With links to videos and slides.
- 10 Years - CSS Zen Garden is 10 years old - and refreshing for the modern web era.
- Chrome Developer Tools: What Is Snippets Support? - A new set of tools for Chrome users.
- Order Issuing Sanctions - A judge kicks some copyright trolls repeatedly, with a Star Trek undertheme.
- Gitdown - Use a breathalyzer to prevent making commits when drunk.
- Spark Inspector - Runtime debugger for iOS applications.
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 at 6:27AM
Monday, May 6, 2013 at 6:30AM