A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 9:23AM
Monday, August 18, 2014 at 9:38AM
- Epic Privacy Browser - Chromium-based browser that tries to stop web sites from tracking you, ever.
- RMagick - A fork that seems to be getting traction in trying to sort out the mess that RMagick development has become.
- Better Browsing for Ruby Developers - Omniref has released plugins for Firefox and Chrome.
Friday, August 15, 2014 at 8:39AM
Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 9:25AM
Why yes, I am taking a look at Docker lately. Always something new to learn...
- Quay - "Secure hosting for private Docker repositories".
- Tutum - Another host for Docker containers.
- A Rails Development Environment with Docker and Vagrant - Detailed step-by-step setup instructions.
Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:52AM
- How to keep track of Rails rake tasks - That is, of tasks that you need everyone on your team to run. See also the migrake gem.
- Roda - Oh look, a new Ruby web framework. This one is designed for simple apps that can use a routing tree to good advantage.
- Browse GitHub code like you're in an IDE, with the SourceGraph Chrome extension - The title says it all.