- What's New in Git 1.8.5 - As if it wasn't complex enough already.
- Should I Change My Password - Check to see if your email is in any of the reported hacker repositories. It probably is.
- Sharing large repositories with your team - Through the use of git bundle.
- Sprockets Better Errors - Help debug the Rails asset pipeline.
- Multiprocess Firefox - Big architectural changes are coming down the pike.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, December 6, 2013 at 7:38AM
Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 6:06AM
- filesystem - Chef cookbook to partition and format block devices, which is something I needed recently.
- Mail Pilot - Innovative email client coming to Mac, now taking open beta signups.
- Rails 3.2.16 and 4.0.2 have been released! - With a small pile of mostly-minor security fixes.
- JackDB - Web-based database client using standard SQL.
Monday, December 2, 2013 at 6:05AM
- The Ruby 2.0 Walkthrough - Now available as a combo of videos and PDF from Peter Cooper for $29.
- RJS leaking vulnerability in multiple Rails applications - More fun from Egor Homakov.
- ruby-lint 1.0.0 - First stable release of this static code analysis tool.
- Memoirs of a Software Team Leader - A look at the technical and soft skills involved in leading a small software team. $23 ebook, 30% discount with code "afreshcup30".
Friday, November 29, 2013 at 7:18AM
- quarto - Ruby and command line toolchain for ebook publishing.
- Firefox and FireCAT as a platform for Ethical Hacking - There are a whole mess of tools that can be used to help explore the web from Firefox.
- Paygarden - Implement a new payment method by letting your users pay with unused gift cards.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 5:48AM