- The VeraCrypt Audit Results - All in all, it came through pretty well, and critical issues have been fixed.
- Hash#compact and Hash#compact! now part of Ruby 2.4 - One less reason to load ActiveSupport.
- Announcement: Requiring Certificate Transparency in 2017 - We have now reached the point where Google can add a work item to every single development team's schedule in the entire world at the same time.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 5:34AM
Monday, October 24, 2016 at 5:18PM
- Thredded - Forum and message boad engine for Rails 4.2+.
- Running Ruby apps in production - Introducing procodile, a Procfile-based production supervisor.
- Bedrock - Rock-solid distributed data - A networking and distributed transaction layer built on top of SQLite, so you can have distributed data while still accessing data in your own process.
Friday, October 21, 2016 at 5:04AM
- i18n_yaml_sorter - This came in handy when I had a couple of big YAML files to neaten up. It's aimed at Rails internationalization but certainly not limited to that use case.
- 10 Modern Software Over-Engineering Mistakes - Amen to this. I very seldom run across production code that wouldn't benefit from a cleverectomy.
- Tracking SQL queries in Rails - using the sql_tracker gem to find hot spots while testing.
Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 4:59AM
- HawkPost - Steps towards secure encrypted uploads to a self-hosted server.
- Hotfix Your Ubuntu Kernels with the Canonical Livepatch Service! - The ops guys I know are excited about this.
- Gatling - Deployment services for Phoenix applications.
Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 5:29AM