A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, July 1, 2015 at 5:44AM
Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 5:50AM
Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:02AM
- Squib - Ruby DSL for designing card games.
- Bitnami Container Images for Docker - Now in Beta - Another option for Dockerizing your setup, from an outfit that has long delivered good server images in a variety of formats.
- Atom 1.0 - I don't care to fight the editor wars, but it's always nice to see a new one reach the stable release point.
Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 6:14AM
- Provisioning a Server using Sunzi - A simpler alternative to Puppet or Chef.
- Strategy before details: Keep up with Rails security - A new ebook is coming to help; free until the end of this month.
- Introducing mergeq - Run every build on your CI server, but only merge the successful ones to your deployment branch.
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 6:10AM
- GitFlow Considered Harmful - An argument against one of the popular ways to use git in a team.
- No Code of Conduct - If your software project simply must have a Code of Conduct, I'd pick this one.
- Pale Moon - A fork of Firefox that's avoiding mass UI and functionality changes in favor of familiarity and customization.