- Write the Docs - A site focused on the art and practice of writing software documentation.
- Simple, free continuous integration (CI) of Rails Docker images using fig, make, and CircleCI - Lashing together some of the pieces.
- Rails 4.2.0.rc2 has been released! - On track to ship for Christmas.
- TorqueBox 4 Alpha1 Released - JRuby application servers don't get as much print as they used to, but they can still make a lot of sense for high traffic sites.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 7:19AM
Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 11:05AM
- Fossil - One of the lesser-known distributed SCM systems.
- X Ray Machine - Logging and profiling for external API calls in your Rails logs.
- Announcing Docker Machine, Swarm, and Compose for Orchestrating Distributed Apps - Orchestration capabilities as a native part of Docker.
Monday, December 8, 2014 at 7:50AM
- PSequel - Free PostgreSQL GUI for OS X. Not as flexible as, say, Navicat but a heck of a lot cheaper.
- Caravan: Ruby API Versioning & Enforcement - A sample implementation of a version-enforced API server using Sinatra.
- Ezra Zygmuntowicz Memorial Fund for his son Ryland - If you work in Ruby, likely you've benefitted from Ezra's work. This is a chance to give something back after his untimely death.
- How to make your code self-documenting - Some ways to refactor for clarity.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 6:36AM
- Ruby 2.2.0-preview2 Released - It's what the cool cutting-edge kids are running these days.
- Rails 4.2.0.rc1 has been released! - And speaking of cutting-edge, it's getting close to time to update your production Rails again. In my experience this is plenty stable enough to test with by now.
- Devops Bookmarks - My word there are a lot of devops tools out there now.
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 5:52AM