- Statesman: A modern, robust Ruby state machine - Featuring a full audit trail, among other things.
- Active Record's Dirty Little Secret - What those timing numbers in your log really mean.
- Introducing Riak 2.0 - A technical preview of this NoSQL database is out.
- Dark Mail Alliance - A (probably doomed) attempt to get a new standard of end-to-end encrypted email off the ground.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 6:00AM
Monday, October 28, 2013 at 5:16AM
- DataFart - Unfortunately-named command-line graphing tool.
- Lightbeam for Firefox - Mozilla has upgraded and revised their Collusion add-on for tracking the trackers.
- Rollbar - Multi-language error-tracking service.
- rvm1-capistrano3 - Shim gem for deployments.
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 5:53AM
- Font Awesome 4.0 - Scalable vector icons designed for use with Bootstrap.
- Launch Arguments & Environment Variables - In XCode, that is.
- Easy database migration using Taps(-taps) - A way to move your data from host to host, including from MySQL to PostgreSQL.
- 12 tips for the Rails Asset Pipeline - Things to watch out for as you try to use this mess.
- Installing Ruby on Rails - Mac OS X Mavericks - Detailed step by step instructions.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 5:42AM
- Keeping it Simple: Migrating to Pundit from CanCan - How to swap authorization frameworks.
- CodeCube: Docker-powered Runnable Gists - At least if you're running Go code.
- Using chef to provision a rails and postgres server - A quick walkthrough.