- gist-compile - Organize your Github Gists into a pretty website of code snippets.
- Gem of the Week - rails-erd gem - Part of an ongoing series, this one generates entity-relationship diagrams from ActiveRecord.
- EC2 Container Service (ECS) Update - Integration between Docker and Amazon EC2 is now a thing.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, February 23, 2015 at 11:39AM
Friday, February 20, 2015 at 6:31AM
- Gulp on Rails: Replacing the Asset Pipeline - If the asset pipeline has you frustrated, you might want to look into this alternative. Though moving away from the Rails opinions is always fraught.
- Testmunk - Functional testing for Android and iOS applications on a pool of actual devices.
- Rails on Docker - A "getting started" tutorial.
- Announcing Graylog v1.0 GA - A production-ready log management platform.
Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 6:58AM
Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at 9:43AM
- Creating a Remote Development Machine - How to move everything to the cloud including your development tools.
- Docker 1.5: IPv6 Support, Read-Only Containers, Stats, "Named Dockerfiles" and More - The latest round of updates to Docker.
- Why Does Style Matter? - Because it makes it easier to find actual bugs.
Thursday, February 12, 2015 at 8:03AM
- Best Online Resources to Master Rails - Tutorials, courses, and books.
- Hold Please - A gem you can drop in to your project to prevent you from using ActiveRecord callbacks. Seems like a baby/bathwater situation to me but what do I know?
- Customizing Rake Tasks In Rails 4.1 And Higher - With an example of overhauling the testing tasks.