- Scribble - Templating language similar to Liquid, designed to be safe to use with customer-provided templates.
- Building C#/ASP.NET Apps on a Mac with vNext - Technically sexy but it still won't get me back into the Microsoft fold. Not that working with Apple is any better.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, November 21, 2014 at 5:47AM
Tuesday, November 18, 2014 at 9:59AM
Monday, November 17, 2014 at 7:54AM
- ru - Gem to allow you to use Ruby at the command line.
- Curly - Template language that depends on encapsulating all logic in presenters.
- SimonSays! - Role-based access control system for Rails built to work with devise.
- CVE-2014-8090: Another Denial of Service XML Expansion - And therefore another new set of Ruby releases.
Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 6:21AM
- Material UI - Combo of React components and a Less CSS framework to implement Google's Material Design ideas, just in case you're note enough on the bleeding edge yet.
- Hound - Commercial CI service from Thoughtbot that concentrates on reviewing your code for style violations and posting them straight to your Github repo.
- A Guide to Speeding up Your Rails Test Suite - A variety of small tweaks & tips that can add up.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 6:11AM
- Firefox Developer Edition - A new build of Firefox, roughly equivalent to the old Aurora builds but with the developer tools front and center.
- SlimerJS - An (almost) headless browser based on Gecko and scriptable (like PhantomJS).
- Rancher.io - Portable implementations of storage and networking services that aims to build an AWS-like experience on top of Docker.
- A basic infrastructure with Docker, Chef, and Rails - Another way to put the devops pieces together.