- Representable 2.0 With Better Inheritance, Filters and Automatic Collections - An upgrade to a chunk of some alternative ways to use Rails.
- Rackspace developer+ Program - A way to get started on Rackspace with a generous monthly credit.
- transit-rails - An easy way to use the Transit format for conveying values between applications from Rails.
- Chef Zero - In-memory Chef server to test out your chef client stuff.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 9:25AM
Wednesday, August 6, 2014 at 10:32AM
Time to catch up a bit...
- A Survival Guide for Legacy Rails Apps - How to get started on improving inherited code.
- Terraform - Infrastructure as Code across multiple providers, including AWS, Heroku, and CloudFlare.
- Bitpost - OS X UI for private decentralized messaging via bitmessage.
- Flight rules for git - Various recipes and helpful hints for better git usage.
- The State of RMagick Development - Basically, "screwed up."
Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 5:48AM
- Looking Backward: Ten Years on Rails - A history of Rails from a long-time user.
- active_mocker - Automatically create mocks from ActiveRecord models to speed up your tests.
- Me and Redis Are Now Friends - A new gem to implement a social graph with Redis backing.
- Drystorm - New Rails App generator now taking beta signups.
Monday, July 28, 2014 at 6:49AM
- StopLight - HTTP testing tool aimed at testing your APIs "in the cloud."
- Octohost - Tool for setting up your own Docker based server (on Amazon, Digital Ocean, Rackspace or elsewhere) to host web sites with a simple git push.
- Codetree - Project management tool built on top of GitHub issues, now taking applications for early access.
Friday, July 25, 2014 at 8:31AM