- Ruby Concurrency and Parallelism: A Practical Primer - Processes, threads, and pools, oh my.
- Why Learning to Code is So Damn Hard - Together with some advice on surviving the process.
- Now Available - Version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby - We're at the point where you could spend an entire career learning to code things on top of Amazon's cloud.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:01AM
Friday, February 6, 2015 at 8:09AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:26AM
- Gutter - Server monitoring as a Rails engine.
- Shoulda Matchers 2.8.0 - The latest version of Thoughtbot's test helpers for validations and associations, complete with Rails 4.2 support.
- Announcing MongoDB 3.0 - Plenty of hype here, but looks like some good feature advances as well. I'm still skeptical that it is "the new DBMS standard".
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 at 7:32AM
- Traveling Ruby 20150130, adds many native extensions, upgrades OpenSSL - Some advances in this single-package distribution framework for ruby applications.
- Accessory Gems, Part I: Private Gemfiles - How to split off gems that you only use in development from your main Gemfile.
- Stuff Goes Bad: Erlang in Anger - "A little guide about how to be the Erlang medic in a time of war".
Monday, February 2, 2015 at 7:51AM