- Renee - Oh look, it's another Rack-based web framework.
- Factory Girl 2.2, your new best friend! - Syntax marches on.
- Time zone database has a new home after lawsuit - The Internet routes around damage once again.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, October 17, 2011 at 6:32AM
Friday, October 14, 2011 at 5:52AM
And now back to the grind, after a lovely day off.
- Ubuntu Certified Hardware - There really are a lot of systems you can happily run linux on these days. That sort of snuck up on me.
- The Resque Way - A batch of advanced stuff you can look at after you get beyond the "fire and forget" approach to resque jobs.
- GitLab - Open source partial UI clone of GitHub that runs on top of gitosis. Amusingly enough their source is hosted on GitHub.
- State of the Stack - New Relic reveals what the cool kids are using these days.
Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 4:15AM
Looks like a fine day to be out in the woods.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 5:45AM
Learning bushels about browser add-on development lately. Not sure this is really worth filling my brain with though.
- Tracking the Trackers: Where Everybody Knows Your Username - Further evidence that privacy on the web is largely illusory. Depressing enough to make me want to just unplug entirely.
- Programming Language Checklist - Simplifying the job of dissing new languages.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 6:23AM
- Choclatey NuGet - Package manager for Windows. Srikes me as an odd concept, but hey, anything that improves Windows is worth doing.
- Puppet vs. Chef, Fight! - Fairly level-headed comparison of these two system management systems.
- KickSat - Your personal spacecraft in space! - $300 to this KickStarter project gets you an honest-to-goodness satellite. Amazing.
- Markdrop - Drag-and-drop browser-based Markdown previews.
- New Support Site & Over 100 Awesome Alfred Extensions - More good news for users for Alfred App.
- WebAppSec/Secure Coding Guidelines - Extensive advice from Mozilla.