Open Source Workshop - Sarah Allen discusses one of the projects that RailsBridge helped pull off.
- Introducing CustomerFu - New web application to track customer complaints.
- Simple Web Services with Rails - Good reference post on using curl to see how the default XML API for RESTful resources works.
- Rails Magazine #3 - Now out in print, PDF in a couple of weeks if you don't want to spend money.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, June 19, 2009 at 12:21AM
The best thing about working for a global company is waking up to find some things already done.
- Pagehand - Interesting-looking new word processor for OS X, using PDF as its storage format.
- Ruby on Rails 101 - A collection of links for people just starting out.
- Sass and Less - Looks like Sass is going to pick up some of the ideas that people liked from Less.
- rack-cache - Drop-in HTTP caching for your Rails (and other Rack-based) applications.
Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 12:25AM
Stay tuned...I'll be releasing an ebook in a few days that may be of interest to Rails freelancers.
- Phusion Passenger 2.2.3 released - Bug Fix Edition - A round of consolidation for Passenger.
- Poster - Firefox addin for constructing and sending web service requests and analyzing the results.
- Hampton's Ruby Survey 2009 - Your chance to make your voice heard in this completely unscientific survey of the Ruby community.
- All the Small Icons You'll Ever Need - Roundup of links to 20+ icon sets.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:55AM
It always feels good to actually *deploy* code.
- Rails Mentors - The latest project sponsored by RailsBridge seems to be off to a good start.
- Minor Changes to the Rails Security Policy - And a reminder that you should be subscribed to the security announcement list.
- Hoe 2, Electric Boogaloo - Something of a sales pitch for why you should be using Hoe to build gems.
- Testing Rails with Rack::Test - Just in case you want to
- learn yet another testing tool.
- Less - Mixin and compiler for CSS files. Some of the same ideas as SASS, but I like that it doesn't make you learn an entirely new syntax.
- EchoWaves - "Open source Social Group Chat" in Rails. You can see it in action.
ApplyHQ - New SAAS site for freelancers hunting for work.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 at 12:28AM
Just a couple of odds and ends.
- Don’t kill your app when using ActiveRecord in Rails Metal, release your database connections - Probably better is "Don't use Active Record in Metal."
- Searchlogic v2 officially released - Dynamic named scopes and search support by magic.