- The New and Improved Privacy Badger 2.0 Is Here - I am not one of those people who feel a moral imperative to be tracked and view ads.
- SQL Server on Linux: How? Introduction - The architecture Microsoft used to bring their flagship database to multiple platforms.
- The Longflow Manifesto - "The longflow model is an engineering-centric workflow for serious software developers, tired of the "Agile"/"Scrum" bullshit." Works for me.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, December 19, 2016 at 6:11AM
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 4:18AM
- Bitbucket vs GitHub: The Best Version Control Software for Business? - This evaluation comes down on the side of Bitbucket.
- Ruby 2.4.0-rc1 Released - Sheesh, I'm just barely done upgrading to 2.3.
- DatabaseFlusher - Another alternative for cleaning out your database between test runs.
Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 11:03AM
- Coverband - Production code coverage for ruby 2.1+, to find the stuff that you can get rid of because it's not being used.
- MindMapIt - Quick browser-based tool for turning YAML into a simple mind map.
- Elixir, Ruby, don't fight. Talk...with Erlix - How to set up interop by making a Ruby process act as an Erlang node.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:37AM
- Homebrew and PostgreSQL 9.5 (or 9.6) - Perhaps I'll remember this the next time the alternative is to swear for an hour because I accidentally did a version upgrade on PostgreSQL.
- github-changelog-generator - Flexible MarkDown changelog builder for projects that make use of GitHub issues & PRs.
- jsonapi-rb - JSON API library for Ruby with extra syntactic sugar for use in Rails.
Monday, December 5, 2016 at 6:20AM
- Google Public NTP - A companion service to the widely-used Google DNS servers. Note that they're using leap second smearing, which may not be what you want.
- htop explained - Everything you wanted to know and quite a bit more.
- Docker for AWS Public Beta - "Docker for AWS installs a Swarm of Docker Engines secured end to end with TLS by default, and is integrated with AWS Autoscaling, Elastic Load balancer and Elastic Block Store."