A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 11:21AM
Monday, March 30, 2015 at 8:34AM
- Ruby Survey Results - The community pulse for this year - or at least, the pulse of the community that fills out online surveys.
- Flexibility - Mix-in to easily set up ruby methods with a selection of positional and keyword arguments.
- The 5 habits of practically unhackable people - Advice on password management from Intel.
Friday, March 27, 2015 at 7:42AM
- Bazel - Alpha open source release of Google's automated build tool for large projects.
- Crono - Background job scheduler designed to integrate tightly with Rails.
- RQuest - Helper library to build RESTful web requests in Ruby without remembering all of the Net:HTTP syntax.
- The Minitest Cookbook - $39 ebook to get your more effective with your testing.
Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 10:41AM
- device_detector - Fast user agent parser with an extensive database.
- A Social Network in Rails: Activity Feed - Using the public_activity gem.
- Document an API with Paw - Executable documentation for folks working with REST APIs from OS X.
- Primer - GitHub has open-sourced their CSS toolkit and guidelines.
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:32AM
- Docker, Rails & Docker Compose together in your development workflow - See how to use Docker Compose (the successor to fig).
- Debride gets Whitelisting - A nice improvement to this static analysis tool designed to catch unused code.
- Announcing Ruby Together - A way to channel money to Ruby infrastructure projects like gems and bundler.
- Deploy without downtime - Some hints on upgrading Rails apps without shutting them down.
- Artoo - Ruby development system for programming various consumer robots.