A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 5:28AM
Friday, July 15, 2016 at 6:09AM
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 6:09AM
Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 7:19AM
- MySQL Error caused by sql_mode=only_full_group_by - Some defaults change in MySQL when you go from 5.6 to 5.7. If you have a homebrew install and need to revert those changes, here's how.
- Improving Rails Performance with Better Background Jobs - Working through a bottleneck in production.
- Dependency CI - Automatically take a look at your project's dependencies every time you push to GitHub. We're moving towards just continuously testing the whole internet. (Spoiler alert: it's broken.)
Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 7:19AM
- Behavior Changes in Ruby 2.4 - A look at how some of the coming tweaks might affect existing code.
- Rails 5.0.0.rc2 - New Rails is getting close.
- Otto: The Next Generation of Vagrant - A potential replacement for Vagrant that brings more focus on deployment and microservices, as well as continuing to handle reproducible environments.