- Couscous - Static site builder aimed specifically at pushing versioned Markdown documentation to GitHub pages.
- Skeleton - Simple responsive CSS boilerplate just to get a new site started.
- Atlas - Deployment framework designed to tie other tools together with Vagrant in a simple workflow.
- gitfs - Mount a git repo as a file system and automatically turn edits into commits.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, December 15, 2014 at 7:00AM
Friday, December 12, 2014 at 2:23PM
- Seagull - Web UI to monitor your Docker stuff.
- Docker extensions: the new Docker plugin model - Some notes as to how the Docker ecosystem is evolving.
- Why did Koding move away from containers and Docker to virua machines? - Not everyone is drinking the Docker koolaid.
- Traveling Ruby - Self-contained ruby binaries for Linux and OS/X, from the folks who brought you Passenger.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 7:19AM
- Write the Docs - A site focused on the art and practice of writing software documentation.
- Simple, free continuous integration (CI) of Rails Docker images using fig, make, and CircleCI - Lashing together some of the pieces.
- Rails 4.2.0.rc2 has been released! - On track to ship for Christmas.
- TorqueBox 4 Alpha1 Released - JRuby application servers don't get as much print as they used to, but they can still make a lot of sense for high traffic sites.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 11:05AM
- Fossil - One of the lesser-known distributed SCM systems.
- X Ray Machine - Logging and profiling for external API calls in your Rails logs.
- Announcing Docker Machine, Swarm, and Compose for Orchestrating Distributed Apps - Orchestration capabilities as a native part of Docker.
Monday, December 8, 2014 at 7:50AM
- PSequel - Free PostgreSQL GUI for OS X. Not as flexible as, say, Navicat but a heck of a lot cheaper.
- Caravan: Ruby API Versioning & Enforcement - A sample implementation of a version-enforced API server using Sinatra.
- Ezra Zygmuntowicz Memorial Fund for his son Ryland - If you work in Ruby, likely you've benefitted from Ezra's work. This is a chance to give something back after his untimely death.
- How to make your code self-documenting - Some ways to refactor for clarity.