- Amazon Coins - If I had to bet, I'd bet on corporate-sponsored alternative currencies getting a lot more traction than BitCoin in the long run.
- Feed the Fire - An RSS to Firebase sync service - Might be the bare bones of an alternative to Google Reader.
- bluePen - "Online Visual CSS Editor" to let you tweak things right in the browser.
- Devpressed - Discussion board for developers suffering from depression.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
- Alcatraz - Package manager for Xcode. Why should ST2 users have all the fun?
- Quickly get a fresh ubuntu install ready for ruby dev - Obviously you should read the script before running it.
- Don't Spam Your Users: Batch Notifications in Rails - How to avoid sending too much email all at once.
- Ruby on Rails Programming - Video course from Pragmatic.
- Instrumenting Ruby on Rails with TraceView in under 10 minutes - Another service for deep performance monitoring.
- Google Glass for Rubyist - Speculative code based on published documentation.
Weeks of April 8 - April 21, 2013
There's still activity in the Rails repo, but no substantial new features have landed in the past two weeks. Rather, it's been fixing tiny bugs, improving documentation, picking up final versions of included gems, and so on. All signs point to a Rails 4.0 release coming soon, in my opinion.