A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 6:02AM
- Lists - This business of lists of lists of lists of resources is getting out of hand.
- The Definitive Guide for the Perfect Daily Standup [with 9 actionable tips] - I'm not convinced that any number of tips will help some of the standup I've listened to, but if you're going to do a standup at least think about it.
- Tips for participating in the Rails Rumble - I just don't get the attraction of spending 48 hours doing nothing but writing an app that will go nowhere in a year, but if you do, more power to you.
Monday, August 17, 2015 at 6:25AM
- Rails 4.2.4.rc1 and 4.1.13.rc1 have been released! - Another little version bump for your updating pleasure.
- Stronger Shell - I keep telling myself that some day I'll get better at shell scripting. I've been telling myself that for 20 years or so.
- gitfs - A git-backed file system so non-developers can participate in your version control.
Friday, August 14, 2015 at 7:40AM
- Versatil Markdown - Desktop Markdown hyper notebook app with 1Password integration, $9.99 in the App Store.
- Announcing Docker Toolbox - All-in-one installer for various Docker tools on OS X and Windows.
- Running three hours of Ruby tests in under three minutes - How Stripe built a massively parallel testing infrastructure.
Thursday, August 13, 2015 at 7:54AM
- AppHub - React Native framework to allow updating your iOS apps without going through Apple review. It may be technically OK under the current license agreement but I'll bet Apple cracks down on this stuff soon.
- Introducing Docker Content Trust - Strong cryptographic signatures for what gets installed in Docker images.
- GitHub Desktop is now available - Next version of the GitHug desktop client for Mac and Windows.