- Integrate Rubocop gem with Popular Ruby Text Editors - Just in case you'd like to speed up the nagging loop.
- Introducing Docker Secrets Management - Easy security is better security, but sheesh does the Docker landscape move fast.
- Postmortem of database outage of January 31 - From GitLab, and a good example of how to write a postmortem for a serious problem.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:39AM
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:06AM
- pg-logical-backup-test - Test your backups! Via Docker in this case.
- Introducing Keybase Chat - A new take on end-to-end encrypted chat.
- How to gain more visiblity into your Github Projects using Scope - Open source status board layered on top of GitHub issues and PRs.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 7:22AM
- Inform and Act - GitHub is actually trying to do something to promote their own ideals on travel and immigration. Kudos to them, and if this area concerns you too, don't just complain, get involved.
- Open-Source Software: What is in a poke? - An attempt to evaluate ruby gems based on objective factors, resulting in the launch of OSSERT.
- feedfilter - Junk filtering for RSS & Atom feeds.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:54AM
Monday, February 6, 2017 at 4:09AM
- Unseen Open Source Infrastructure - The unsung hero projects of GitHub, depended on by many and starred by few.
- What it Takes to Truly Delete Data - Answer: a lot of effort and some fancy hardware.
- Announcing GVFS (Git Virtual File System): Source code management at scale from Microsoft. But: apparently Windows-only, and they don't say anything about upstreaming their patches.