A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, January 9, 2015 at 8:55AM
Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 8:35AM
Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 7:52AM
- Increasing a Boot2Docker Volume - The (rather non-obvious) solution to mystery "no space left on device" errors when building Docker images on OS X.
- Rails Deploy - A set of ansible scripts for setting up Rails applications.
- Unhosted Web Apps - "Freedom from Web 2.0's Monopoly Platforms" by pushing everything to the user'd computer and running it all locally.
Monday, January 5, 2015 at 6:37AM
- ROM 0.5.0 Released - A major update to this ruby object mapping project, complete with new documentation.
- bundler-audit - Use your Gemfile information to be informed of security vulnerabilities.
- Rails 4.1.9.rc1 and 4.0.13.rc1 have been released! - Another batch of maintenance releases is on the way this week.
Friday, January 2, 2015 at 7:19AM
Looks like this is the special 'code politics' edition...
- A Generation Lost in the Bazaar - A skeptical look at what the explosion of bazaar-type design has left us with. Much as I politically prefer the bazaar, I think it's obvious that the quality of most modern software can best be described as "crap." Of course this applies to closed source projects as well.
- Matz's Ruby Developers Don't Use RubySpec and It's Hurting Ruby - A rant.
- RubySpec is dead, long live RubySpec! - And a counterpoint.