A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, March 10, 2008 at 4:56PM
Sunday, March 9, 2008 at 4:17PM
Today is going to include code in Cocoa, Ruby, and LSL. I hope my brain can keep them sorted out.
- Komodo IDE 4.3 - ActiveState's IDE now includes unit testing integration. I'm still happy with TextMate, but if I was going to switch to an IDE, this is the one I've liked best so far.
- TextMate Tip: HTML Tags - Chris Kaukis at ADS has been doing a series of these. So far they've been useful.
- UNA - New tool for real-time long-distance collaborative software development, combining a multi-user IDE and chat with a client-server backbone. Looks interesting.
- Low Pro: Unobtrusive Scripting For Prototype - I knew this was out there, but I just had to hunt up a copy for a plugin that wanted it. More to learn...
- TMail 1.2.2 - The mail handler used by Rails is now compatible with Ruby 1.9, and the documentation has been improved to boot.
- Delta Indexing Support in Ultrasphinx - More progress on the Rails full-text index front.
- Automatic Asset Minimization and Packaging with Rails 2.0.x - A good idea from Dave Troy, with implementation.
Thursday, March 6, 2008 at 4:29PM
It's safe to say that I'm not looking for more work at this point. When it rains, it pours.
- SCO: Will the Fat Lady Ever Sing? - Now that I'm writing for OStatic, I had a chance to get my own kicks in on the rotting corpse of SCO.
- iPhone Dev Center - Even though I have no concrete ideas, yesterday's announcements made me interested in iPhone programming. Probably the effect of the reality distortion field combined with the $100 million number. But hey, I did just learn XCode and Cocoa.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008 at 3:24PM
Sick kids at least mean I can get to work a bit early. Because, of course, they got me up in the middle of the night.
- Merb-0.9.1 Developer release - The API is stabilizing, they say.
- RVG and SVuGy: create vector graphic with Ruby - Not that I actually know anything about SVG, but this looks potentially useful.
- Living on the edge (of Rails) #10 - Looks like it's been another quiet week out at the edge.
- Mac GNU Privacy Guard - I just needed to install GPG. This turned out to be the easy way. And GPGMail was also very useful.
- rscribd gem - Library for the Scribd API.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 4:42PM