- UnCSS - Tool for removing unused CSS styles as part of your JS build chain.
- Zebras Unite - An attempt to identify viable alternatives to VC-driven unicorn culture. I'm not convinced by it all, but appreciate the alternative viewpoint (and I'm personally happy to be working for a company that is more zebra than unicorn).
- ctop - Command-line monitoring utility for containers.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, March 10, 2017 at 11:46AM
Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 7:24AM
- How we organize GitHub issues: A simple styleguide for tagging - Not a bad-looking system. Maybe I could get our corporate repos away from inventing random tags at random times.
- CSS Remynification: A completely crazy idea that worked - Minify ALL THE THINGS!
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 9:18AM
- Security 101 for SaaS startups - Some concrete advice, but more importantly an overall framework for thinking about the problem space.
- Understanding Git Filter-branch and the Git Storage Model - Not sure I really want to understand this, but my hat's off to those who do.
- Git as a NoSql Database - Because when you have a really big hammer, you might as well use it to smash things.
Monday, March 6, 2017 at 5:01AM
Friday, March 3, 2017 at 7:14AM
- Slicing up Rails Application.js for Faster Load Times - A good technique to be aware of as your application grows.
- Git LFS 2.0.0 is here! - Improved large file support courtesy of GitHub engineering.
- What is Proper Continuous Integration? - Some metrics to compare your CI story with a notion of the ideal.