- Docker, Rails & Docker Compose together in your development workflow - See how to use Docker Compose (the successor to fig).
- Debride gets Whitelisting - A nice improvement to this static analysis tool designed to catch unused code.
- Announcing Ruby Together - A way to channel money to Ruby infrastructure projects like gems and bundler.
- Deploy without downtime - Some hints on upgrading Rails apps without shutting them down.
- Artoo - Ruby development system for programming various consumer robots.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 7:32AM
Tuesday, March 24, 2015 at 9:55AM
- Docker in Practice - A Guide for Engineers - Book-in-progress from Manning.
- GemUpdater - Combines updating your installed gems with retrieving links to changelogs so you can see what you just broke.
- Deploying Ruby on Rails applications with ansible - Out with Capistrano, in with devops.
- Monitoring Docker with docker-scout - How to get useful information with reasonably low overhead.
- vruby - Another take on ruby version management.
Friday, March 20, 2015 at 7:00AM
- Rails 4.2.1 and 4.1.10 have been released! - The next round of stable branch updates are out.
- Life Beyond Rails 2: A Second Look at Alternate Web Frameworks for Ruby - A look at some of the minor contenders.
- How to handle big repositories with git - Some techniques for dealing with both long histories and large files.
- 7 must have Development Gems to install on every project - Or at least ones that are helpful for most Rails projects.
- Hackr.io - "Share and discover the best programming tutorials online" with a whole mess of links sorted by language.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 6:32AM
- Tiny Docker Operating Systems - A quick look at Boot2Docker and RancherOS.
- Carrierwave-iOS in Open Source: Easier File Networking - New bits to handle moving assets on to iOS devices from Rails applications.
- Kitematic a Docker GUI Joins the Docker Family - "the fastest and easiest way to use Docker on the Mac."
- Substitution with Regex Groupings - A bit of more advanced regex knowledge.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015 at 9:55AM
- ColorPoundSpecReporter - Colorized spec output for your Minitest use.
- Using Named Pipes and Process Substitution - A dive into some of Unix that I knew next to nothing about (and will probably not remember when I need it, to be honest).
- I broke git - Solutions to some common git screwups.
- Phusion Passenger 5.0.4 - They're still trying to whack all the bugs in the latest release.
- Open-sourcing Pinball - A newly-released workflow manager from Pinterest.