- Total Nightmare: USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 - I'm sure glad the new Macs are so thin, because it was totally worth this cabling mess. Not. Luckily for me I'm probably done buying Macs.
- GraphicsMagick - Another alternative to ImageMagick that looks worth investigating.
- The Mac Platform Decline - Apple no longer has any real incentive to ship a developer platform. I've been saying this for years, but with the latest MBP announcements plenty of other people are noticing.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 6:15AM
Monday, October 31, 2016 at 4:33AM
- Continuous Integration and Deployment for Ruby projects with Bitbucket Pipelines - Remember, the world does not begin and end with GitHub.
- Screencast: Debugging With Byebug - This is the sort of thing that I never remember when I need it.
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:54AM
Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 5:49AM
- The SaaS CTO Security Checklist - There is way too much shit to worry about these days.
- Distrusting new WoSign and StartCom certificates - And speaking of security, looks like Mozilla has reached the point of being completely fed up with WoSign.
- Cyber Security Base - And for the security trifecta today, check out this site where F-Secure and the University of Helsinki are building an online course series.
Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 5:34AM
- The VeraCrypt Audit Results - All in all, it came through pretty well, and critical issues have been fixed.
- Hash#compact and Hash#compact! now part of Ruby 2.4 - One less reason to load ActiveSupport.
- Announcement: Requiring Certificate Transparency in 2017 - We have now reached the point where Google can add a work item to every single development team's schedule in the entire world at the same time.