- Active Record Doctor - Automate checks for some common issues in setting up ActiveRecord.
- Rails 5 — ActiveRecord Suppress — a step too far? - An argument against one of the new features in this year's Rails.
- Sublime Text as an Arduino IDE - I've got some Arduino work coming up this summer, need to look into this.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:00AM
Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 7:25AM
- Real-Time Rails: Implementing WebSockets in Rails 5 with Action Cable - A primer from Heroku.
- Knuckles, The Next Level of API Caching - A library designed to be fast and lightweight with only the essential features.
- Books every Ruby/Rails dev should read - Idiosyncratic, like all such lists, but should at least get you started thinking.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 6:33AM
- Firefox Test Pilot - Get involved with testing out new Firefox UI experiments without having to run a bleeding-edge version of the browser.
- Store your private data inside a git repository - Safely, using public-key encryption.
- gitsome - "A supercharged Git/Shell Autocompleted with GitHub Integration."
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:47AM
- Ruby on Google App Engine goes beta - So now we can deploy Rails and such to Google's cloud easily. Make Ruby Great Again and Today I accept that Rails is yesterday's software - Two ruminations on the future.
Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:19AM