Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 11:54PM
Some mornings it's tough to get out of bed.
- We Just Undid Three Months of Dev work. Here's What We Learned - Good writeup from the Scout team of what was behind some of their recent changes. Part of being smart is knowing when to give up on a feature.
- Ruby DSL Trick With the Hash - Cute little bit of sugar for your Capistrano deployment files.
- Loofah - Very flexible HTML sanitizer based on Nokogiri.
- Introducing Warp Drive for Rails - This looks something like the (so far vaporware) Rails 3 notion of mountable applications, but available today.
- The Ruby 19x Web Servers Booklet - Free eBook comparing the available alternatives.
- rails_xss - Recent commits have added the ability to get "safe by default" in Rails views. This plugin turns on that ability for Rails 2.3, making it consistent with the way Rails 3.0 will behave.