Wednesday, November 4, 2009 at 10:25PM
I'm starting to feel like a sleep deprivation experiment. Good thing other people are writing good software still.
- Devise: authentication for lazy programmers - Lots of activity in this project lately.
- Gity - New git client for OS X. Early days yet, free at the moment. Looks like the goal is to give us menu/keystroke replacements for much of the git command line.
- Integrity 0.2.0 - New release for this continuous integration server with (among other things) hooks to GitHub, Heroku, and Campfire.
- PagerDuty - Switchboard for all your email notifications, with multi-user duty shifts, phone and SMS notification, and more. Looks pretty useful if you're the one who has to scramble to respond to sites being down.
- Bluepill: a new process monitoring tool - Designed for simplicity and lack of memory leaks. If you're fed up with god and monit it looks worth a try.
- Help John recover - Rails dev John Lannon got shot in a robbery, and the community is collecting funds to help support him durign his recovery.