- Static: a super simple Rails CMS for Heroku - Just about as simple as simple can be. Looks like the next step up from something like Staticmatic for brochure sites.
- Engine Yard And GitHub Transition - Let's hope this doesn't turn into a messy divorce.
- Tracking Down Slow-Running Examples in RSpec - I didn't know RSpec had a built-in profiler. Until now.
- Top 10+ Things .NET Developers Should Know About Ruby - Slide show from Jeff Cohen.
- New Features of Test Unit 2.x - I think it's worth upgrading, but there can be issues. This gist in a Rails project will make it work whether you have 2.0 on the testing machine or not (which is useful when you share the code with other developers).
- coulda - New take on BDD, inspired by Cucumber but with good old methods instead of fancy regex matching.
- Using Facebooker to make a Rails site with Facebook Connect - Best quick intro I've found, though there's plenty of other info out there.
- Find where to index your tables on a Rails app - Elad Meidar is working on solving this via static codel analysis.
- Statsample - Statistical library for Ruby.
- foreigner - Pretty slick schema and migration support for foreign keys in Rails.
- testicles - Yet another testing framework for Ruby.
Monday, September 14, 2009 at 12:39AM
Busy weekend, busier week coming. Hopefully this means I'm headed back towards the "feast" part of consulting.