Monday, February 27, 2012 at 5:45AM
This week's keyword: survive.
- The Sun is Setting on Rails-style MVC Frameworks - Oh noes, my skills are about to be obsolete again.
- smeagol - Sets up a basic open source development environment on a new OS X machine.
- Chaplin - Sample application architecture using Backbone.js and a bunch of other pieces.
- q - Unified monitoring for resque, sidekiq, and node workers.
- SchnitzelPress - A new ruby-based blogging engine.
- Edge Rails: PATCH is the new primary HTTP method for updates - Well, POST with a parameter that claims it really wanted to be PATCH, anyhow.
- Restivus - Experiment in exposing a CSV file as a fully-documented REST API.
- GAS - Google Analytics on Steroids, a wrapper for the Google Analytics API on the client side offering additional tracking.
- The Markdown Mindset - I'm coming around to this point of view myself, though it's hard to wean clients from Word docs.
- Prismatic - Google Reader crossed with social sharing, apparently.
- Behavior Driven Development - Nice set of slides from Liz Keogh that may give you some new insights into your craft.
- Capybara MiniTest Spec - Adds assert, must, refute, and wont syntaxes to Capybara.
- FlowStone 2 - Graphical programming environment for robotics with Ruby scripting baked in.
- Vimbits - Snippets of .vimrc files with voting to determine the best ones.
- RailsThemes.com - Teaser site for an offering of theming for Rails sites. Taking early access signups.
- AskGeo - Interactive map, web API, and Java library for converting latitude and longitude into timezone.
- JSONLint - "The JSON validator."