Friday, March 30, 2012 at 6:10AM
Ending the week with a bang.
- Rails 3,2,3rc2 has been released! - Not too many changes here, but there's an important tweak to handling fragment caching for remote forms.
- cashier - Use tags to replace complex multipart keys when working with the Rails cache.
- Tmux for rails developers - The basics along with pointers to some resources.
- Scrup - Self-hosted replacement for tools like Skitch or GrabUp.
- SQL Fiddle - Online tool to play with various SQL databases.
- Versionist - Plugin for versioning Rails 3 RESTful APIs.
- Polishing Rubies (Part 4): Writing Library Code - Michael Bleigh continues his series on open source Ruby development.
- Hobo 1.4 beta available - Switching to jQuery, among other things.
- State of Writing API Servers with Rails - An overall survey of topics including JSON generation, authorization, and documentation.
- Deploy Script for Heroku Apps - Simple, but a bit more than just pushing to the git repo.
- Trackerific - Package tracking for Ruby, with interfaces to USPS, UPS, Fedex, and Ontrac.
- One Step - Single command to get up and running with Rails on OS X or Linux. Well, three steps if you want a database.
- Stop solving problems you don't yet have - An argument against using elaborate HTML5 boilerplate code.