What? Time for computers again instead of hikes and sleeping in a hammock? Oh well.
- Five Common Rails Mistakes - Welll….good tips here, but I don't think Rails is a "one size fits all" system. Some things that are mistakes in large systems are just fine in small sites.
- Opa - Statically typed platform that combines frontend code, backend code, and SQL into one unified framework.
- Monadic - Monads for Ruby.
- Brackets - Code editor for HTML/CSS/JS from Adobe. Written in web technologies itself, it opens as a desktop app but shows its own source code by default. Kinda nifty looking.
- Monologue - "A simple blogging (Rails) engine". Yep, another one.
- Precompile Assets Using a Git Hook - Another way to try to handle the slowness of the asset pipeline.
- Dead simple ActiveRecord migrations without Rails - Yep, it's good to remember that you can use plenty of chunks of Rails even when you're not writing Rails apps.
- RubyMotion Screencast - A free 50-minute primer from Pragmatic.
- RubyMotion Samples - A collection of goodies on GitHub.