Friday, July 27, 2012 at 5:27AM
Time to wrap this week up and get on with life.
- Rails version 3.2.7 has been released! - Mainly a security fix, but not super-critical unless you're using digest authentication.
- Roadmap Preview 2: live IRB console, deployment error resistance, new website - More on the upcoming version of Phusion Passenger. The live debugging looks pretty slick.
- Backbone.js: Hacker's Guide Part 2 - More internals for your fun and profit.
- The Mac App Store's future of irrelevance - Could it be that the App Store will fail, because apps bought that way are significantly disadvantaged? I think it more likely that a future version of OS X will just refuse to install software from any other source.
- Just When You Thought You Were Out… - 2012 Rails Rumble is coming October 12 through 14.
- Live Carbon Ranking - Carbon dioxide emissions per hour for cloud computing in various locations.
- Backburner - beanstalkd-powered background job queue.
- Seedbank - Enhanced version of the Rails db/seeds functionality.