Monday, August 6, 2012 at 6:32AM
- Testing Chef Cookbooks - Lots going on here if your infrastructure is mature & complex enough to need it.
- ransack - Gem to make it easier to hook up search forms to your Rails application's models.
- Context.io - API (as a service) to connect user email to your application for analysis.
- Ruby Refinements landed in trunk - More syntax to learn, yay.
- RepoManager - Tool to run git commands in parallel across multiple repositories.
- Rebuilding Rails - Beta ebook ($34.99) that works you through building your own Ruby web framework so as to better understand Rails internals. You can get two sample chapters for free.
- Storenvy API - Create, populate and manage online stores all through a REST/JSON API.
- Why Rails 4 Live Streaming is a big deal - From the Passenger team, this one (and its comments) get into heavy discussion of multithreaded application servers quickly. Stuff I need to learn sooner or later…
- Mandrill - "Mailchimp for APPS", a transactional API from the Mailchimp guys.
- Rails 3.2.8.rc2 has been released! - With final planned for this week.
- CircleCI - Another continuous integration service, currently in public beta.
- Sublime Text 2 tips: Distraction-free mode, ColorPicker, and Placeholders and Some things beginners might not know about Sublime Text - A few hints and tips and packages you might like.
- TwitterCLDR: Improving Internationalization Support in Ruby - Dates, times, formats, sorting, and more.
- Cocoa Controls - A clearinghouse for custom UI controls for iOS and OS X.
- SPDY on Rails - How to get yourself hooked up if you're using nginx + Passenger.