- Material UI - Combo of React components and a Less CSS framework to implement Google's Material Design ideas, just in case you're note enough on the bleeding edge yet.
- Hound - Commercial CI service from Thoughtbot that concentrates on reviewing your code for style violations and posting them straight to your Github repo.
- A Guide to Speeding up Your Rails Test Suite - A variety of small tweaks & tips that can add up.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 6:21AM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 6:11AM
- Firefox Developer Edition - A new build of Firefox, roughly equivalent to the old Aurora builds but with the developer tools front and center.
- SlimerJS - An (almost) headless browser based on Gecko and scriptable (like PhantomJS).
- Rancher.io - Portable implementations of storage and networking services that aims to build an AWS-like experience on top of Docker.
- A basic infrastructure with Docker, Chef, and Rails - Another way to put the devops pieces together.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 7:32AM
- Fig 1.0 - The first and last major release of Docker's development orchestration tool (last because it's set to merge into Docker itself).
- This is how we ZenPayroll: Our Development Workflow - How one midsized team focuses on pushing high-quality code.
- GnuPG 2.1.0 "modern" released - New set of free PGP tools with a bunch of new features.
Friday, November 7, 2014 at 5:06AM
- Shoryuken - Flexible and fast ruby message processor for AWS SQS.
- How to serialize Date and DateTime to JSON without losing information - I hate timezones. So does every other developer, I think.
- BFG Repo-Cleaner - I accidentally checked a 200MB file into our git repo the other day. This was the easiest way to wipe out all traces of it.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 11:26AM