- Provisioning a Server using Sunzi - A simpler alternative to Puppet or Chef.
- Strategy before details: Keep up with Rails security - A new ebook is coming to help; free until the end of this month.
- Introducing mergeq - Run every build on your CI server, but only merge the successful ones to your deployment branch.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 6:14AM
Monday, June 22, 2015 at 6:10AM
- GitFlow Considered Harmful - An argument against one of the popular ways to use git in a team.
- No Code of Conduct - If your software project simply must have a Code of Conduct, I'd pick this one.
- Pale Moon - A fork of Firefox that's avoiding mass UI and functionality changes in favor of familiarity and customization.
Friday, June 19, 2015 at 4:56AM
- Patternfly - Bootstrap plus UI Templates to help you implement common web UX patterns.
- A Week with a Rails Security Strategy - Some exercises to help you build good habits as you write your code.
- Own-Mailbox - Home appliance for secure email at a reasonable cost. Looks intriguing, but so far it's vaporware.
Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 5:52AM
- Flocker 1.0: Container Data Management for Docker - Portable data storage for your Docker infrastructure.
- Introducing Empire: A self-hosted PAAS built on Docker & Amazon ECS - Sort of a roll-your-own Heroku.
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 6:07AM
- Rails 3.2.22, 4.1.11 and 4.2.2 have been released and more - Another pile of security patches that you should install.
- Tales of a Part-time Sysadmin: Dogfooding Docker to test Docker - Containers for CI and other things.