- Baseline - Yet another CSS design framework.
- Testing Paperclip on S3 with Cucumber & Factory Girl - A how-to from Thoughtbot.
- Apigee - "Analytics and Protection for APIs and Mashups." Looks quite useful if you want things like rate-throttling and don't want to code them yourself.
- Ruby Version Manager - Gem to handle switching easily between multiple ruby installs. Early days, haven't played with it myself but it's getting some good Twitter buzz.
- ruby-debug19 - Port of ruby-debug to ruby 1.9.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 12:50AM
Hopefully this will be the day to get rid of some of the peskier bugs.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 12:22AM
Back to the dentist today. The fun just never ends.
- qusion - Rails plugin for more seamless use of AMQP for messaging.
- gemfeed - Get an RSS feed of updates to a set of gems you choose to watch. With a bit more polish, this will be useful.
- Ruby One Niner - Another tale of upgrading a server to the current version of Ruby.
- Decentralization of _why's Projects - The status of the recovered code and its keepers.
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Compatibility List - I'm on the fence about taking the upgrade pain now or later.
- gu - Little app to use 37signals' Backpack as the storage engine for a simple CMS.
Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 11:27PM
Mostly what happened over the weekend is Rails Rumble, but here are a few non-Rumble links anyhow.
- Hijack - Get an IRB session in an existing Ruby process. (via Ruby Inside)
- Humane Email Validation - Ned Batchelder proposes a simple heuristic that will work most of the time.
- RestMS - Newish internet message queuing protocol that seeks to build on the best parts of AMQP and AtomPub.
- Announcing "Socialite" - Rails plugin to generate all those "submit this site to these bazillion social networking site" icons.
- Rio - Facade to unify the functionality of all sorts of ruby I/O classes.
- Roodi 2.0 - Big rewrite for this gem to check for design issues in ruby code.
Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 10:22PM
There's early and then there's insanely early.
- master_slave_adapter - Nice approach to doing master-slave databases in Active Record through a custom adapter that dispatches the database calls.
- Online Viewstate Viewer / Decoder for Asp.Net 2.0 - I didn't think I'd need this sort of thing any more. I was wrong.
- looksee - Library to examine the method lookup path of ruby objects.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 11:42PM
There is way too much on my desk waiting to be done. I blame running around to things with the kids.
- Heroku Sass - Yep, the Heroku guys have worked out a way to use Sass on their quick and easy hosting.
- ActiveRecord refererential integrity is broken. Let's fix it! - Personally I'd welcome moves to have ActiveRecord be smarter about built-in database functionality, but this is a step in the right direction.
- Rails Test Prescriptions to be Published by Pragmatic - Good news for a good ebook.
- whymirror - Folks trying to preserve forks of the missing code from _why.