A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:35AM
Thursday, September 18, 2014 at 6:37AM
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 7:04AM
- Firefox Add-on Enables Web Development Across Browsers and Devices - Experimental way to debug Chrome on Android and Safari on iOS from the comfort of your desktop Firefox environment.
- Oga: a new XML/HTML parser for Ruby - An attempt to replace Nokogiri with a new contender.
- Rails 4.1.6 and 4.0.10 have been released - And remember, 4.0 will be retiring soon.
Monday, September 15, 2014 at 7:32AM
- Using NSEnter with Boot2Docker - How to safely poke around inside running Docker containers.
- Configuring Rails Environments - An approach using environment variables instead of config files.
- weave - A virtual network to connect Docker containers across multiple hosts.
- Nomad - A selection of command line utilities to help with iOS development.
Tuesday, September 9, 2014 at 8:03AM
- Rails 4.1.6.rc2 and 4.0.10.rc2 have been released! - And the final versions should be out this week.
- CommonMark - An attempt at a rigorous Markdown spec that immediately got mired in politics.
- blackbox - Support for encrypting secrets via GPG at rest in your git or Mercurial repos.
- Bringing new security features to Docker - Some things you can do to harden Docker containers.