- Is Your Database Affected by CVE-2016-6662? - The Percona folks have rounded up the various new versions and other ways to mitigate this privilege escalation.
- When Things Go Wrong - Localytics shares their formal process for resolving serious production incidents via chat.
- Adblock Plus now sells ads - And everyone with half a brain switches to uBlock Origin.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 6:52AM
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:53AM
- Ruby 2.4.0-preview2 Released - Now available for all your bleeding-edge needs.
- Oh shit, git! - Plain English instructions to fix some easy to make screwups.
- MySQL Remote Root Code Execution/Privilege Escalation (0day) - Not quite "end of the world" bad, but bad enough that you ought to update your servers.
Monday, September 12, 2016 at 5:49AM
- Discovering how Dropbox hacks your Mac - I dunno about you, but I'm reluctant to install software that things the OS is something to work around.
- InfluxDB 1.0GA Released: A Retrospective and What's Next - An open source time database hits a major milestone.
- The Pros and Cons of Ruby Refinements - I never through monkey-patching was all that bad myself.
Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 9:31AM
Tuesday, September 6, 2016 at 6:06AM