- HubPress - Easy web app to build directly on GitHub - just fork it and go.
- Phusion Passenger 5 beta 3: more stable, turbocaching updates - Stable enough to use in production with caution.
- Introducing Sandi Metz's TRUE - A look at some heuristics for judging code quality.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 7:30AM
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 6:52AM
- Ruby DSL Handbook - New book in beta, $12 gets you early access. By Jim Gay, the author of Clean Ruby.
- Working with the ELK Stack at Skroutz - Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana for crunching through a bunch of data.
- Git v2.3 Release Notes - Nothing huge, lots of little tweaks.
- Ship Code Faster: Announcing GitHub Integration GA - Push to GitHub, fresh code deploys to Heroku after it passes your CI.
Monday, February 9, 2015 at 7:01AM
- Ruby Concurrency and Parallelism: A Practical Primer - Processes, threads, and pools, oh my.
- Why Learning to Code is So Damn Hard - Together with some advice on surviving the process.
- Now Available - Version 2 of the AWS SDK for Ruby - We're at the point where you could spend an entire career learning to code things on top of Amazon's cloud.
Friday, February 6, 2015 at 8:09AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 7:26AM
- Gutter - Server monitoring as a Rails engine.
- Shoulda Matchers 2.8.0 - The latest version of Thoughtbot's test helpers for validations and associations, complete with Rails 4.2 support.
- Announcing MongoDB 3.0 - Plenty of hype here, but looks like some good feature advances as well. I'm still skeptical that it is "the new DBMS standard".