A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, September 5, 2016 at 5:12AM
Friday, September 2, 2016 at 5:43AM
Thursday, September 1, 2016 at 5:50AM
- Managing Private Dependencies with Bundler - How to make your own private gem repos play nicely with dependency control.
- Elixir for Rubyists - Some things to think about as you make the transition. There are similarities but beware of assuming too many of them.
- redis-stat - Real-time redis monitoring tool written in Ruby.
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 at 5:02AM
- Quiet assets in Rails 5 - Now there's a sprockets setting to take care of this, so you don't need a separate gem any longer.
- The Last Rails i18n Guide You'll Ever Need - A look at the ends and outs of internationalization, together with a pitch for PhraseApp's services to make it easier.
- Traver - A factory gem for Ruby/Rails applications with Factory Girl compatibility and some additional syntactic sugar.
Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 4:59AM
- Keep a CHANGELOG - An argument for human-curated changelogs in your projects.
- Sourcegraph for GitHub - Extension to add various IDE features when you're using GitHub in Chrome.
- HTTP Observatory CLI - Interface to Mozilla's HTTP Observatory, which will tell you how badly you're messing up security on your web sites.