- Brakeman Pro Engine is Here! - The rubygem version of Brakeman Pro, suitable for interfacing into Minitest or RSpec, or into a CI process.
- Old Geek Jobs - New job board for companies that are expressly "excited about working with all age groups." Yes, age discrimination in this field is very, very real. This is good to see.
- Bash-4.4 Release available - I've reluctantly been dragged into using zsh, but it's still nice to see bash development marches on.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:50AM
Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:31AM
- Raxx - An Elixir web interface drawing on Ruby rack and Clojure ring for inspiration.
- Varnish Cache 5.0 - New release of this caching HTTP reverse proxy. Note that they're also looking for money and manpower.
- The Elixir Way: Operational Reasoning - Some thoughts about how to go about getting into an Elixir mindset.
Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 6:07AM
- A whole new GitHub Universe - Looks like GitHub is getting into project management now, as part of their continued drive to own the entire development process.
- Introducing: BabySqueel. Elegant Queries for Rails. - A reimplmentation of the Squeel querying UI designed to work better with Active Record.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 6:52AM
- Is Your Database Affected by CVE-2016-6662? - The Percona folks have rounded up the various new versions and other ways to mitigate this privilege escalation.
- When Things Go Wrong - Localytics shares their formal process for resolving serious production incidents via chat.
- Adblock Plus now sells ads - And everyone with half a brain switches to uBlock Origin.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:53AM
- Ruby 2.4.0-preview2 Released - Now available for all your bleeding-edge needs.
- Oh shit, git! - Plain English instructions to fix some easy to make screwups.
- MySQL Remote Root Code Execution/Privilege Escalation (0day) - Not quite "end of the world" bad, but bad enough that you ought to update your servers.