- EC2Instances.info - Way easier comparisons of the myriad of EC2 types than you can do on Amazon's own site.
- Domain Events over Active Record Callbacks - An argument that callbacks are just the wrong tree to bark up.
- Xray-rails - See in your browser what views and partials painted which piece of the screen.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, May 20, 2016 at 5:57AM
Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:48AM
Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 3:50AM
- Firefox v46+ Security Hardening + Some Tweaks - Things you can do to lock down your Firefox.
- Electron 1.0 is here - The cross-platform base for the Atom editor reaches a milestone.
- Running scheduled tasks on AWS Elastic Beanstalk - Best approach I've seen yet to making sure jobs run on a single host as your app scales up and down. Wasn't too hard to reimplement in Ruby.
Monday, May 16, 2016 at 7:24AM
- How to Center in CSS - Automatically generate working code for a variety of situations.
- Google Compute Engine Container-VM Image and Build a Docker Image, push it to AWS EC2 Container Registry, then deploy it to AWS Elastic Beanstalk - There's plenty more fun to be had with containers.
- Save Firefox - EFF weighs in against Encrypted Media Extensions and other W3C nonsense.
Friday, May 13, 2016 at 9:00AM
- Active Record Doctor - Automate checks for some common issues in setting up ActiveRecord.
- Rails 5 — ActiveRecord Suppress — a step too far? - An argument against one of the new features in this year's Rails.
- Sublime Text as an Arduino IDE - I've got some Arduino work coming up this summer, need to look into this.