A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Monday, November 4, 2013 at 5:54AM
- Codebases - Nice visualization of the number of millions of lines in code from Unix to Healthcare.gov.
- Rails 4.0.1 has been released! - With the expected change to .order semantics.
- dbbrowser - Database browser written as a Rack-mountable web application.
- Make bundler crazy fast - A reminder that recent bundle releases can parallelize gem installation.
- Upgrade to Capistrano 3 - A quick guide to the changes.
Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 6:00AM
- Statesman: A modern, robust Ruby state machine - Featuring a full audit trail, among other things.
- Active Record's Dirty Little Secret - What those timing numbers in your log really mean.
- Introducing Riak 2.0 - A technical preview of this NoSQL database is out.
- Dark Mail Alliance - A (probably doomed) attempt to get a new standard of end-to-end encrypted email off the ground.
Monday, October 28, 2013 at 5:16AM
- DataFart - Unfortunately-named command-line graphing tool.
- Lightbeam for Firefox - Mozilla has upgraded and revised their Collusion add-on for tracking the trackers.
- Rollbar - Multi-language error-tracking service.
- rvm1-capistrano3 - Shim gem for deployments.