- pg-logical-backup-test - Test your backups! Via Docker in this case.
- Introducing Keybase Chat - A new take on end-to-end encrypted chat.
- How to gain more visiblity into your Github Projects using Scope - Open source status board layered on top of GitHub issues and PRs.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:06AM
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 7:22AM
- Inform and Act - GitHub is actually trying to do something to promote their own ideals on travel and immigration. Kudos to them, and if this area concerns you too, don't just complain, get involved.
- Open-Source Software: What is in a poke? - An attempt to evaluate ruby gems based on objective factors, resulting in the launch of OSSERT.
- feedfilter - Junk filtering for RSS & Atom feeds.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:54AM
Monday, February 6, 2017 at 4:09AM
- Unseen Open Source Infrastructure - The unsung hero projects of GitHub, depended on by many and starred by few.
- What it Takes to Truly Delete Data - Answer: a lot of effort and some fancy hardware.
- Announcing GVFS (Git Virtual File System): Source code management at scale from Microsoft. But: apparently Windows-only, and they don't say anything about upstreaming their patches.
Friday, February 3, 2017 at 7:08AM
- Working with the Evernote API in Rails - Not the easiest thing in the world, but it can be done.
- Gitlab.com Database Incident - Sucks to be them. And make sure you verify that your backups can actually be restored.
- Snapcraft.io - "Package any app for every Linux", a fancy new file format being promoted by Canonical.