- Profitwell - Fancy SAAS metrics dashboards for all the companies tryign to make it in SAAS. Very meta.
- Switching from macOS: The Basics - Looks like elementary OS is getting a bit of extra PR with the disappointment over the Mac Pro update.
- The People's Code - Open source portal for the Federal government. Though I have to be skeptical these days about open source being "America's nest breakthrough."
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, November 4, 2016 at 7:09AM
Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:24AM
- KMS - Another new entry in the Rails CMS field, with PostgreSQL on the backend and AngularJS in front.
- Darling - Darling is to macOS binaries as Wine is to Windows binaries: a translation layer to run them on Linux.
- Using DTrace to measure mutex contention in Ruby - Debugging into low level thread code is sometimes useful, though personally I am not smart enough for threaded code in any case.
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 6:15AM
- Total Nightmare: USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 - I'm sure glad the new Macs are so thin, because it was totally worth this cabling mess. Not. Luckily for me I'm probably done buying Macs.
- GraphicsMagick - Another alternative to ImageMagick that looks worth investigating.
- The Mac Platform Decline - Apple no longer has any real incentive to ship a developer platform. I've been saying this for years, but with the latest MBP announcements plenty of other people are noticing.
Monday, October 31, 2016 at 4:33AM
- Continuous Integration and Deployment for Ruby projects with Bitbucket Pipelines - Remember, the world does not begin and end with GitHub.
- Screencast: Debugging With Byebug - This is the sort of thing that I never remember when I need it.
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:54AM