A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Friday, October 18, 2013 at 6:24AM
Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 6:21AM
- httparty-with-cookies - Automatic cookie management for your httparty requests.
- Levelling up in Ruby/Rails - for free - Sources for experienced developers to brush up on their skills.
- How to Build an App in 48 Hours - Advice for those gearing up to participate in the Rails Rumble.
- Sword - Server for developing static sites with automatic handling of things like Sass and CoffeeScript.
- Rails configuration in the proper way - Leveraging configuration files to clean up your code.
- Rails 3.2.15 has been released! - A version bump for what's probably still the most popular Rails version.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 5:38AM
- ActiveModel::Serializers Rewrite - A bunch of rearchitecting is ready to be tested. Most interesting if you're using the Rails API project.
- Kite - Another Cloud development environment now taking beta signups.
- Introducing government.github.com - Anyone who thinks GitHub is primarily a play for developers hasn't been paying attention.
- GoDaddy, (((Media Temple))), and the Horrible World of Web Hosting - Marco Arment reflects on the current state of hosting affairs.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 6:04AM
- Ghost Launches to the Public - A new blogging platform available on a variety of infrastructure.
- No, Rails' CookieStore isn't broken - Putting the cookie replay attack into perspective.
Monday, October 14, 2013 at 6:36AM