- Omniref - Searchable documentation for everything ruby.
- Hipster Dev Stack - "A curated directory of artisanal development tools that we used to like before they went mainstream."
- Clearskies - Host-it-yourself protocol for syncing things between computers.
- Ruby 2.1.1 is released - I guess it's really time to get off of 1.9.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p451 is released - Speaking of which, there's a fresh 2.0 bugfix release.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 4:34AM
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 6:11AM
- What's Relevant in the Ruby Universe? - Some statistics derived from indexing and cross-referencing every gem.
- Raygun: Generating Rails Apps for the Last Year - Updates on the app generator developed by Carbon Five.
- RSpec 2.99 and 3.0 beta 2 have been released - Big changes in the world of specs.
- TimezoneParser - Gem for parsing human-readable timezone names (in lots of languages) to UTC offsets.
- Salted Password Hashing - Doing it Right - A good read on best practices for password storage with code in a variety of languages.
Monday, February 24, 2014 at 5:36AM
- Cequel - Ruby ORM for Cassandra.
- AdequateRecord Pro: Like ActiveRecord, but more adequate - A preview of some speed improvements coming in Rails 4.2.
- Introducing the Revamped Server UI - At Scout, that is.
- Radiation-hardened Quine - A tour de force of useless ruby.
Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 5:40AM
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 5:23AM
- baseimage-docker - Better starting image for Docker installs.
- Live Editing Sass and Less in the Firefox Developer Tools - How to get started with CSS source maps.
- Rails 4.1.0: Release candidate 1 - I've been running this in production and we're happy with it.
- Rails 3.2.17, 4.0.3, and 4.1.0.beta2 have been released! - These are security fixes that you should grab even if you're not ready to move up a version.