- NoSQL Databases: a Survey and Decision Guidance - I'm going to go back to just writing things on paper. Good overview of the NoSQL landscape, though.
- Oprah - "Opinionated presenters for Rails 5". Bonus points for the name.
- GoReplay - Tool for capturing live web traffic and using it in testing. Unfortunate name, though.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 8:22AM
Monday, August 15, 2016 at 10:47AM
- Rails 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168 have been released! With some fairly significant security fixes, especially for 4.2 and 5.0.
- Emittr - General purpose event emitter & listener for Ruby.
- dry-rb: "A collection of next generation Ruby libraries, each intended to encapsulate a common task."
Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 5:45AM
- Kids can now learn to code with Pocky, the delicious Japanese snack - And then when they eat their source code, you must buy them more Pocky. Apparently this is not a joke.
- How to remove Action Cable from your Rails app - Might as well if you're never going to use it. Of course "never" is a long time.
- ActsAsParanoid - Soft deletion for ActiveRecord, now working with Rails 5.
Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 4:56AM
- Elixir in the Trenches - Another report on experience from a Ruby team making the switch.
- How to Become a Better Pair Programmer - Part Three - More thoughts on topics such as overcoming imposter syndrome and working sensibly with a partner.
- RSpec::Expectations Cheat Sheet - A quick list of things you can easily check for with RSpec.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 at 5:48AM