A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 7:44AM
Tuesday, April 5, 2016 at 9:13AM
- Ruby on Rails + TeamCity: Continuous Integration for nubbies - A basic walkthrough to get you started.
- Setting up Sidekiq, Redis on AWS Elastic Beanstalk with ElastiCache - I'm currently wrestling with a migration to AWS. Lucky me.
Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 6:49AM
- Gogs - Self-hosted git service written in Go. Because apparently everything needs to be written in Go now.
- The Lost Wax Method of Rewriting Software - A high-level roadmap of switching from one programming language to another without breaking your project.
- Versionaire - "Immutable, thread-safe, semantic versioning" for ruby projects.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 6:13AM
- Git 2.8 has been released - Looks like the most important new feature is parallel fetches of submodules, though I've never personally worked on a project where submodules fetched anything other than pain.
- Rails: belongs_to Required in Rails 5 - Oh joy, a change to the semantics of belongs_to that is going to bite people in the butt.
- Build web applications with Golang - Not that I intend to, but if I do, this online book looks useful.
Monday, March 28, 2016 at 6:35AM
- Introducing the Query Composer - A new way to build Arel queries, which looks potentially useful in reporting applications.
- Omniref - Paid (free for public projects) code review platform that builds on top of GitHub.
- Jenkins 2.0 Overview - Now in beta, next version of this CI server is adding native pipeline and continuous delivery support.