A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 5:00AM
Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 5:32AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2016 at 5:02AM
- Elixir Maintainability - Tools for documentation, code analysis, and code coverage.
- PageletRails - Split your web page into multiple sections, each with its own controller and independent rendering.
- Reshaping web defenses with strict Content Security Policy - Work against XSS being done by Google.
Monday, September 26, 2016 at 6:37AM
- Programs that rewrite Ruby programs - Some ruminations on tools that already update code automatically or that might do so in the future.
- Ruby Code in Elixir project - A demonstration of how to wire things up, showing PDF generation via Prawn from Elixir.
- The Ultimate Guide to Ruby Timeouts - A guide to adding maximum wait times for a lot of popular Ruby gems, so you can keep your software responsive.
Friday, September 23, 2016 at 4:59AM
- Homebrew 1.0.0 - A major version release after 7 years of work. Congrats on building a piece of software that actually just works (as opposed to some of the crap Apple is shipping these days).
- Linuxbrew - Turns out there's a fork of Homebrew for Linux as well. I'll have to give this a try; I'm moving more and more off of Apple stuff these days.
- pgslice - A PostgreSQL partitioning gem from Instacart.