- XRefresh - Firebug addin to monitor file folders and refresh the current page in the browser when something changes. Nice for doing HTML/CSS design work.
- Install RubyCocoa with RVM - Gist that helped me out the other night.
- Delete/backspace doesn't work in nano - And how to fix it. Useful for those of us who aren't cool enough to bother with vi or emacs.
- Rails3Info - Links and resources collected by Bitnami.
- Bundler Schmundler - Giles Bowkett argues that Bundler is clearly not the One True Way.
- Harbor - "The web framework that doesn't get in your way." Yes, there's another alternative Ruby web framework out there.
A Fresh Cup
Notes on Rails and other development
Entries in firebug (3)
Friday, February 12, 2010 at 5:51AM
Sometimes, you just have to take an evening off despite the deadlines.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 4:56AM
It's time to buckle down and deliver some code.
- Plugin Authors: Toward a Better Future - I personally do not count breaking every plugin in the Rails ecosystem as "better." But if you've got a plugin that you want or need to make Rails 3 compatible, this is essential information.
- Using Bundler in Real Life - Scenario-based workflows for the new Bundler gem.
- New Feature: Amazon S3 now supports Object Versioning - It'll be interesting to see how long it takes someone to build a blob-based SCM on top of this.
- jBreadCrumb - Somewhat busy display aimed at handling deeply nested breadcrumb navigation.
- FireQuery - Firebug extension for jQuery development.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:40AM
Looks like the next RailsBridge BugMash is going to focus on Rails 3, just before the beta. This could be interesting.
- Lemon - Yet another ruby unit test framework, this one focused on making sure there's a test case for every method.
- Reincarnate - How to make a ruby class inherit from itself.
- Sphinx Monitoring Plugin - The latest nice touch from the Scout guys.
- Cromwell - Wrapper for ruby signal handling to allow you to easily create unkillable scripts.
- Stencil - Free-text (ie, not assuming HTML) templating system.
- Rubinius 1.0.0-RC2 Released - Ruby in Ruby moves along.
- Firebug 1.6a1 - The next branch of Firebug (for Firefox 3.6/3.7) has gone live.