Tuesday, February 9, 2010 at 5:10AM
There's certainly no shortage of goings-on to link to lately.
- Devise 1.0.0 - Major milestone for this Rack-based authentication solution for Rails.
- Cloudfront: no-brainer CDN Support for S3 - I've got a couple of apps out there where I really should implement this.
- Save file and reload Safari from TextMate - Passed on by Alex Heaton.
- Bye Bye Github and GitHub post - Afterthoughts - Elad Meidar discusses expectations and git hosting.
- SendEmail 1.56 - Command line email sending that can handle TLS (and thus Google Mail servers). Requires some perl modules.
- sinatra_more - Gem to boost Sinatra to handling more complex applications.
- Auto timeout sessions in Rails - Useful plugin from Matthew Bass, for the times when you need to keep people from just idling. I ended up forking it to make it use jQuery instead of Prototype.
- MR.Flow - Web-based designer for MapReduce operations.
- EdgeRails.info - Ryan Daigle is moving all his edge content to a fresh domain.
- RubyInstaller Release Candidate 2 - 1.8.6, 1.8.7 and 1.9.1 - Useful tool for people who want to run Ruby on Windows without resorting to a virtual machine.
- Savon - Ruby SOAP client that includes WSSE authentication.
- Wrap your SQL head around Riak's Map-Reduce - Personally my SQL head says "no! enough already!" but I expect I'll have to learn this stuff sooner or later.
- Haml Sucks for Content - Actually a good post on some advanced HAML techniques rather than another entry in the holy war.
- Less.app - Autocompiler for your LESS CSS files. Well, if you have any.