Thursday, February 11, 2010 at 5:50AM
Another semi-random walk through my corner of the internet.
- ripple - Ruby client for the Riak distributed database.
- Cerberus 0.7.5 Released - New version of the Ruby CI server that I'm happiest with at the moment, now with Mercurial support.
- GLTerminal - If OS X leaves you pining for the distorted fuzzy green-screen thin clients of yore, this little piece of freeware is the cure.
- Turn Off Google Buzz With One Click - Really, the only thing you need to know.
- The iPhone obsession - Doomed argument that web devs should care about standards instead of candy.
- Easiest Postgres Install Ever - Mac Edition - Script from Wayne Seguin, passed on by Philip Ingram.
- Git Autocomplete in Mac OS X - A tiny little bit of shell convenience. If you use the Git for OS X Installer, you already have the script on your drive.
- HoudahSpot - Search/Find utility for OS X that actually finds what I'm looking for, unlike Spotlight. Yeah, if I was a Spotlight pro there are probably commands to do all this. It's easier to spend money than time, though.
- rake_cap_bash_autocomplete - More autocomplete fun for bash. A bit slow though on my Mac.