Double Shot #1924
- What can developers learn from being on call? - A whole lot, really. Having your software actually beaten up by the real world is a pretty sobering experience.
- The Limits of Copy-on-write: How Ruby Allocates Memory - A deep dive into why Ruby worker processes eat up all your server's memory, and what might be done about it eventually.
- Top Tips for Refactoring Fat Models in Rails - I know it's unfashionable of me, but I still prefer having all the code in one place. This one is for the rest of you.
- jshon - Shell utility to create, read, and parse JSON.
- Understanding the Top 5 Redis Performance Metrics - Lots of good monitoring and troubleshooting information here from the Datadog folks.