Double Shot #2239
- Rails 5 Active Record attributes API - In case you missed it, the attributes API picked up custom types and went public in Rails 5.
- Running FreeBSD on OSX using xhyve, a port of bhyve - Because why not run an OS inside your OS?
- Real-time applications with API Gateway WebSockets and AWS Lambda - More new plumbing examples from Serverless.
- Management bugs: 18 months later - Experience with allowing people to file bugs against process as well as code.
- We need Sustainable Free and Open Source Communities - An attempt to change the conversation about open source.
- What happens when packages go bad? - We get screwed, that's what. The dependency model in much of open source web software is a huge issue these days.
- The Book of Secret Knowledge - A nice collection of links for systems-side folks and pen testers.
- Open source confronts its midlife crisis - These ideas are clearly in the air.